How does tutoring work? (1 Viewer)

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
I always see kids in my grade going "I need to go to my Chem tutor" or "Awwww I need to go eco tutoring", and I'm not sure how that works. I have a math tutor (had him since yr 5) and we go through past papers and work through later concepts (i'm still pretty bad at math. he's a good tutor, i'm just gifted with bad). How does that work for subjects like English or Physics? Do the kids just write essays, or bring work from school and make the tutor explain everything again?

I'm actually in a pretty tight spot so I'm thinking of going to one of those places or just getting another tutor, since without prompts I simply can't revise or study. I don't even know how to study

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
For english tutoring, they teach you structuring. It's very noticeable - you can tell those who do tutor for English (unless they're just gifted) and those who dont do tutoring.

For economics, you go more in depth and perhaps go past the schools pace of learning and thus you are more prepared for the tests.

Tutoring is like extra classes for which you work on a more "advanced level" than your school peers. This would ultimately make you more prepared than others. Go to tutor if you think you need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)