Thoughts on quitting 3U tutoring? (1 Viewer)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
^

I get tutored for 4U and since a lot of the content is new, I find it more challenging and worthwhile. However, at my 3U tutoring place, we've pretty much completed the 3U course and they're just doing harder questions from each topic. I'm thinking of quitting because I can then work on my other subjects. I would have 3 more hours a week dedicated to working on my other subjects as well.

Also, my 3U teacher is really good, so I'm not overly concerned with what school is offering.

Thoughts?? Am I making a massive mistake? (only bc my mum said I needed the practice, etc.)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I would quit it if I were you for the following reasons:

1. Don't want to get TOO used to tutoring. Develop dat independence.

2. The money spent on that tutoring could be better spent elsewhere, like sushi.

3. You can dedicate that time somewhere else like you said.

HAX0R

HSC
If you don't think it's really helping you, then you should quit. Doing harder questions will be useful in exams.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I would quit it if I were you for the following reasons:

1. Don't want to get TOO used to tutoring. Develop dat independence.

2. The money spent on that tutoring could be better spent elsewhere, like sushi.

3. You can dedicate that time somewhere else like you said.
:thrust:

enoilgam

HSC
Thoughts?? Am I making a massive mistake? (only bc my mum said I needed the practice, etc.)
From the sounds of things, you have pretty much answered your own question - if you think that you can manage on your own then quit. I had a 2 unit tutor for a while because my teacher wasnt that great and I wanted to get ahead, but around my trials/HSC I started using them more sparingly until I stopped altogether because I didnt really need them. Ultimately, it turned out to be a good decision because I was at the point where I didnt really need any help.

Besides, worst case scenario and you realise that you made a mistake in stopping tutoring, you can always go back or find another tutor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)