Tutoring - Private vs Coaching (1 Viewer)

derphhh

HSC
N/A
Hi i am a year 12 student, looking to find what is the best and most productive way of getting better results; Looking for a tutor and would
also like to hear good tutor centres for subjects : 2U Maths, Adv English, Ext 1 English, Bio, Economics
i am tossing up between private tutoring or going to a tutoring centre like the brain, or others.

Thanks, any feedback will be appreciated

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
The Brain does private 1-1 as well.

The Brain is pretty good for English mainly.

I assume you're looking into tutoring centres within Hurstville?

HSC
Uni Grad
Sciences are usually taught well enough in a coaching group, maths depends on how confident you are, english is better private.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Have you checked the tutoring classifieds? They're jam packed either awesome tutors

enoilgam

HSC
People will probably groan at how many times I have said this, but it really depends on you whether you go for Private Tutoring or Coaching. Generally speaking, private tuition is more for people who are struggling whilst coaching is for those who want to get ahead and work on their skills. Ultimately, it comes down to whatever you feel will be best for you.

If you're looking in Hurstville, then the Brain is great for english. For others, you could try the Tutoring forums.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want I could help you with 2U maths. PM me to discuss further :)

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
@enoilgam,
Totally agree on this.
When I was behind in year 11, coaching colleges did zero for me because I never understood the lessons anyway. Switched to a private tutor, got my head back into the game, went back to a coaching college and it was extremely productive as I was able to work ahead and revise on previous knowledge as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)