Should I change my tutor? (1 Viewer)

itsagre

HSC
N/A
I'm very happy with how my tutor helps me and I think they are great with the subject except:
1. They always reply to my emails/messages extremely late
or
2. They don't reply at all

Even now I haven't been able to get consistent classes with them because they never contact me on time.

Do you think I should just always wait (which I'm getting annoyed at doing because I have important assessments coming up) or should I find a new tutor?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

itsagre

HSC
N/A
Yeah I was leaning towards that side except I would love to keep this tutor until the HSC because I have improved a lot with his help! Which is why I am so stuck in the middle

tashe

HSC
N/A
I have improved a lot with his help! Which is why I am so stuck in the middle
because they never contact me on time
Those two conflicts. Seriously, a good tutor is one that helps you inside and outside of tutor lessons. He/she is only doing half the job. No matter how good he/she is inside the classroom, they are no where near as perfect as one that can support you at times of urgency.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
imo, if it seems like a good idea, maybe have 2 tutors. your present one and one that is organised and is able to help you outside of class (or you could just post on the appropriate bored fourms and someone will reply)

itsagre

HSC
N/A
imo, if it seems like a good idea, maybe have 2 tutors. your present one and one that is organised and is able to help you outside of class (or you could just post on the appropriate bored fourms and someone will reply)
I think it's a good idea but two tutors is too expensive/time consuming. Haha sorry about that I'm not too familiar with this site which one am I supposed to post on?

kimjuliana

HSC
I don't think you should dump this tutor so soon if they are as great as you have stated. Have you tried talking to him/ her why they aren't contacting you? Perhaps they're busy with something personal? I'd suggest telling them you have an important/urgent issue to talk about. I'm sure they'll respond,... hopefully on time.

However...if this tutor keeps consistently avoiding you and your marks are being impacted negatively, then I'd start looking for a new tutor.

kimjuliana

HSC
I think it's a good idea but two tutors is too expensive/time consuming. Haha sorry about that I'm not too familiar with this site which one am I supposed to post on?
To look for a new tutor post a thread or browse for a tutor----> here. And if you're worried about the money, most tutors offer a free first or couple of lessons. You can also negotiate for further lessons, I'm sure if you explain to the tutors they'd understand. :)

Hope you resolve your situation, it'll work out. Don't worry, I've been in you situation before. :)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe you could cut back some time for your current tutor and make that up with a new tutor so it "balances out"

itsagre

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys! I think I will keep this tutor for now but I'll start searching for some other tutors to contact and maybe try the balancing out two tutors idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)