Talent 100 or Matrix or SIGI for CHEMISTRY TUTORING? (1 Viewer)

croissants

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone :)

I'd really love if anyone knows much about where chemistry tutoring is good. I've heard talent, matrix and sigi seem to offer good science tutoring, but I'd love to hear some more opinions (preferably by those who have gone to those places) because those places are expensive.

OR, if you have any other places that I haven't named which are pretty good for chemistry, I'd appreciate your suggestions!

A bit about me:
- So far I have been able to pick up chemistry easily
- My main reason for wanting to go tutoring is because my school is terribly behind on chemistry (we're still up to metals, and it's term 2 of yr 11). I have been working independently ahead because chemistry is my favourite subject, but I know that I won't be able to dedicate as much extra time learning independently once year 12 starts...so I'm desperately looking for a tutoring place to go to in year 12.

Please help! :spin:

jack2230

HSC
Most schools are only up to Metals in Chemistry to my knowledge, we would have finished metals sometime this week, so long as your school is towards the end of the topic then you should be alright in terms of covering the required content in time for the yearlies at the end of Term 3. Back to the original question though, Talent 100 is excellent for chemistry and would recommend them to others, although they do work at a very fast pace so keep that in mind. You are given two booklets per session, the first is a theory booklet usually around 40 pages in length, the second is a homework booklet around 20 pages in length which almost replicates a HSC Chemistry exam to the letter, however the questions are based around the Preliminary content. In terms of the lesson itself, the tutor is very knowledgeable about the subject (it's normally a Medicine/Science student who did extremely well in the HSC) but there isn't much time so usually the last 5-10 pages of theory is crammed in the last 20 minutes or so, therefore some extra reading etc. is advisable. The class sizes are generally small although expect no less than 10 or so students and there is a wide range of students who attend, some seemed to struggle with the content either slowing the class down, resulting in more cramming towards the end of the lesson or the tutor not being able to answer everyone's questions and concerns. If you are confident in your ability and are already working ahead of your class then go for it, the tuition will generally make it easier to work ahead of your peers and the exam style questions Talent provides are amazing with plenty to keep you busy each week.

_s2

HSC
Never been to talent 100/ matrix, but if you live near the area (or not and wouldn't mind travelling) I'd recommend peak sciences in canley heights. Cost is $25 for 1.5 hours and the tutors are all really nice and genuinely want you to do well (though I'd imagine that's with all tutoring centres). Nevertheless, I have found myself improving a lot since I've started so definitely consider it :)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Matrix was pretty good for Science but it probably depends on the teacher.

wliu1996

HSC
Sigi - can be good, can be bad. I went there, got a state rank, my friend went there in the same class and got a band 4 (78). If youre in the top class, you learn nothing more than conquering chemistry (in fact if you learnt everything in conquering chemistry you would learn more than what you are taught).

Talent100 - Haven't been, but I have been told the chemistry tutors are lazy. One of my friends went there for a little bit, ended up bombing preliminary chemistry and just dropped it altogether (But in his defence i dont think he liked chemistry). T100 chemistry notes are also subpar I think. They advertise 'state rank' teachers who dont actually have a state rank.

Matrix - matrix is straight up horrible at science. They advertise very good teachers (like actual teachers) but in reality they suck quite a bit at teaching. Every person I know of who went to matrix got below band 6 in Chemistry - it simply doesn't prepare you enough.

Try MR ZHANG in Burwood if you really want to go to a tutoring centre. He's on call and will send you materials whenever you want and he always aims to get a state rank every year. Otherwise go private (Y)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Matrix- heard bad things about it. It's only good if you get DJ

Sigi- don't know much about this place but it seems somewhat decent. Can't put my input on this but I know from friends that this one is one of the more famous tuition centres for science

Talent 100- heard bad things about it as well just like matrix. Literally all the teachers there are shit

Mr Zhang- he seems really good mainly because he produces state rankers for both phys and chem and most of his students get band 6's

PEAK- it's good only for HSC chemistry (rumors from people)

Dr Ai tu hoa- apparently he's some uni professor with like a doctorate in science. Pretty good according to friends

Dr DU (chem)- Dr Du is good for chem only if you get some guy named peter. I was told their chem resources are pretty good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)