first day home tutoring. (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Hey guys i'm starting home tutoring for physics and math soon and am wondering what i have to do on the first day? It goes for 2hours (1 hr math, 1hr phys) but the tutor says you can ask one subject more if you need to. I previously went to group tutoring where all material is provided and is like a school class environment and so am kind of confused as to what to do for home tutoring? Tutor says, you ask questions and he will help...so what do i show? I'm going to show two past exam papers, my math textbook and 1/2 yearly, as well as what im doing at school in physics.. is this enough? sorry for sounding stupid but i dont know what to do for home tutoring. Any tutors here, can you suggest what you would like your students to do.

WeaselPowa

HSC
Yeah it's enough.

He'll just make it easier for you to understand concepts that would normally be harder if you were to tackle them yourself.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, you should bring along your school books, plus your most recent exams/assessment results so he can get an idea of:
1. What topic you are up to in school
2. What your strengths/weaknesses are
You can ask him to explain any errors/low marks you got in your exams/assessments that you don't understand. If you feel like you are already on top of your past topics, you can ask him to go through the upcoming maths/physics topics so that you will be slightly ahead.

You should also tell him about ANY upcoming assignments, assessments or exams you have, asap as you are notified - so he can help you prepare.

forum

Banned
HSC
I will recommend to find a syllabus for your Math and Physics online or contact to other homeschooling about how they follow. The more you ask the more you get. You can try online tutoring as well like us to start study anytime where you don't have to be bound for specific tutor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)