Private English tutor through coaching centre (1 Viewer)

Blue Tongue

HSC
Hello! :jump:

I am in Year 10 and am thinking of getting a private English tutor who can help me with assignments and assessments of the existing school programme rather than attending a coaching college where I have to follow another different programme.

Because it may be hard to find out if a tutor is really good, would it be safer to go through coaching colleges to find a good English tutor (at a fee of course)? :jump:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, if you haven't tried finding a private tutor yet-you never know right?:)-you might find a decent English tutor at a decent price:)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Get one who has experience at a tutoring centre (and who has worked at a centre) and has experience in private tutoring, not one who is currently doing private tutoring at a centre

antonym

HSC
just try out the private tutor for one lesson and if they're not good, just leave. There's really no need to attend a coaching college first.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think that english tutoring isn't helpful

1. Because everyone's doing different texts and it's hard to focus on what different students are doing
2. Different schools mark differently. Some mark harder than the HSC some don't
3. Different teachers mark differently. For some teachers, it's hard to find which is a better response and which aren't

I think english tutoring would be helpful only if there was someone who would know what your school is doing for english and knows how your school marks for english. Tutors like this are hard to find

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)