Awkward tutoring situation!? (1 Viewer)

sharoooooo

HSC
Hey everyone, i have a problem with my current maths tutor, who we'll call Chris.

I don't feel like Chris is helping me that much in improving my marks etc.
And also he sometimes struggles with the questions I ask him (my questions aren't too challenging i think, since im just the average ext1 student...)
and he takes a while to answer questions from worksheets occasionally (thus, taking up valuable lesson time).

Due to these problems, I have thought about switching to my physics tutor, who we'll call Ben.
Based on the significant improvements he has made on my physics results (from C-grade to A-Bgrades), i think he will also be able to improve my 3unit marks too.
Ben also state ranked in HSC 4unit which is another reason why i am thinking of changing.

H O W E V E R...
here is the awkward part.
Chris is a close family friend. and this is so awkward to just leave and i feel bad and then i'll probably have to see him again in the future so..awkward. but i feel like i need to in order to do better in HSC (in 2 months)
Should i switch and just man up and deal with the awkwardness?
Is there any point changing tutors at this point in time?

Im leaning towards "yes, change to Ben for maths too" but im still unsure :confused:

pls help

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Nothing personal, just HSC... nuff said...

Flop21

HSC
Hey everyone, i have a problem with my current maths tutor, who we'll call Chris.

And also he sometimes struggles with the questions I ask him (my questions aren't too challenging i think, since im just the average ext1 student...)
and he takes a while to answer questions from worksheets occasionally (thus, taking up valuable lesson time).

Due to these problems, I have thought about switching to my physics tutor, who we'll call Ben.
Based on the significant improvements he has made on my physics results (from C-grade to A-Bgrades), i think he will also be able to improve my 3unit marks too.
Ben also state ranked in HSC 4unit which is another reason why i am thinking of changing.

H O W E V E R...
Chris is a close family friend. and this is so awkward to just leave and i feel bad and then i'll probably have to see him again in the future so..awkward. but i feel like i need to in order to do better in HSC (in 2 months)

Im leaning towards "yes, change to Ben for maths too" but im still unsure :confused:

pls help
Not a big deal.

Just tell Chris you don't think you'll need tutoring anymore, or get a family member to say it like your parents. And then don't tell him you're getting another.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
tell him it's more convenient to have ben as your tutor for both subjects

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

H O W E V E R...

pls help
Just tell him the truth in the nicest way possible .

And then change

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Or mention financial problems. But no matter what, don't tell him that you're switching, coz that's gonna come off as dog because you mentioned you're family friends etc.

sharoooooo

HSC
okay thanks everyone
I'll switch to Ben and get my parents to tell him nicely

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
I also think you should make the switch. You're not doing the HSC to make friends, you're there to do the best you can.

the_matrix

HSC
You know what's even more awkward... I went to this tutoring centre for a few years and left, then I came back at the beginning of this year and have just left AGAIN for the second time, and if that's not embarrassing enough; they're not willing to refund for change of heart so there's kind of a dispute atm and they don't think I'm serious about my education anymore..

Just tell Chriss what your dilemma is, I'm sure a good friend would understand. It's your future!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)