A tutor scammed me (1 Viewer)

dingodog

HSC
So recently i asked a "tutor" on this site to tutor me after seeing his compelling add. it was 35-40 per hour but since i wanted 2 lessons a week he agreed to tutor be for $50/ per 2 hours. Before going to his house he insisted i gave him 50 bucks in advance, as "students in the past have came for one lesson and got his notes" and left. Now considering he seemed like a good tutor (dux) and willing to help, i have him 100 bucks for the first lesson. And after that he kept pros-poning our lessons form Wednesday to friday then from friday to saturday. We communicate through whatsapp and he never replies to me even though he sees my messages and that he is online. I tried calling him yet no reply. He knows i pay for the tutor lessons with my own money as well whicih perhaps makes him to believe i am easy to push around (since parents arnt involved). I was wondering what you guys would do. It has been a week since our tutor lesson and yet no set date on our next ttor lesson and he has seen my messages and does not reply. for instance i asked for him to confirm tutor on ____ and the next morning he just says "cant today sorry" AND THATS IT. What would you guys do in this situation? i feel like im being treated unfairly

D94

HSC
N/A
Obviously not a good tutor if no one stayed. Should have been a red flag. Threaten to call the police (although I doubt they would do anything). How did you give the money? If online, request a charge back.

dingodog

HSC
I would ask for money back and find another tutor
i called him already and texted him. No reply, even though hes seen my messages. And if i came to his house he would probably get his mother or something to say that he's not home. I'm considering on calling the police but im clueless on how this process will turn out.

astroman

HSC
i called him already and texted him. No reply, even though hes seen my messages. And if i came to his house he would probably get his mother or something to say that he's not home. I'm considering on calling the police but im clueless on how this process will turn out.
Don't call the police, I suggest go to your local police department and discuss the issue there. Give them any text messages you had and you can use it as evidence.

Ekman

HSC
What is the link to his tutoring classified. At least prevent others from making the same mistake as you.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Obviously not a good tutor if no one stayed. Should have been a red flag. Threaten to call the police (although I doubt they would do anything). How did you give the money? If online, request a charge back.
yeah police probably wouldn't be interested in chasing up something like this (I am guessing)

if you gave money to his via paypal you can get a refund and if it was via bank transfer you could call up your bank to reverse the charge

dingodog

HSC
yeah police probably wouldn't be interested in chasing up something like this (I am guessing)

if you gave money to his via paypal you can get a refund and if it was via bank transfer you could call up your bank to reverse the charge
unfortunately it was via cash. UHH

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
unfortunately it was via cash. UHH
well probably what I would do in this case:

> go to his house, and get money back
> if his mum or whatever says he isn't home then ask when s/he will be back
> or explain to his mum/whatever he owes you x monies for tutoring that never happened

D94

HSC
N/A
You could probably find his home number. Give that a call.

D94

HSC
N/A
You could possibly search his address from the white pages then get a number from that. I think...

D94

HSC
N/A
Or you know his last name, search that and location on the white pages. Hopefully they've listed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)