Should I get tutoring for physics and chemistry? (1 Viewer)

jerrychan2

HSC
N/A
Hey,
So i'm in year 11 and I have recently got my prelims back and there not great (70-80%). I understood the content that we covered but I have this one teacher who doesn't teach, gives out some resources and leaves the class, leaving us to learn the work by ourselves. Although I didn't work as hard as I should of do you think I will need tutoring to achieve a band 6 in physics or can I work really hard and self learn the content? This is mainly for physics but would chemistry tutoring be needed more as it is considered harder than physics?

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Chem is theoretically easier than physics but then they are more picky with sf and keywords (more so than physics) therefore sustaining the illusion that 'Chem is harder than Physics'. As for tudors, sometimes you hit a road block when you are introduced to a new concept ie lenz's law and its application. If you are struggling to understand then getting a tudor is recommended.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Chem is essentially 70% memoization and 30%mechanics (understanding and moles) whilst Physics is 50/50 between memorization of useless humanity related, historical facts and 50% mechanics (Understanding and application of understanding to unexplored concepts)

jerrychan2

HSC
N/A
The thing is I don't have any problem understanding concepts its just sometimes we don't go over concepts adequately or we skip them. But this might just because yr 11 is only 3 terms and we don't have alot of time.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
First go print yourself a copy of the syllabus then read the textbook (preferably jacaranda or physics in focus) if you have one of those teacher who just gives out work sheets. If you can't understand the concepts then you should ask teacher or get a tutor.

Have a look at student's guide to HSC physics too, its really concise but really good if your stuck in some hard concept

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Yeah I would. Tbh if you're an idiot in the area of sciences, I would get one. If you're average, it's worth considering and if you're strong then yeah you might as well get a tutor to extend your abilities even further

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Holy shit jerrychan, we have the same first name. Gg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)