English seminar january - essential for band 6 aspirants (1 Viewer)

Phaedrus90

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

As I've said in other posts in this forum, doing well in English Advanced is all about understanding the system - plenty of people get 95+ with literally no understanding of English. What they do have, however, is a clinical understanding of what the markers want, what a band 6 essay looks like, and how to go into HSC English with a bullet proof set of responses. If you want to achieve highly in the HSC this is essential knowledge.

With 100s of tutoring ads and all the other things you need to focus on in year 12, I have decided to develop a Seminar where you can learn these essentials and catalyse your HSC preparations over these crucial holidays. The Seminar will include the following:

- Practical tips and secrets for the AoS
- How to structure the perfect Introduction (accounts for about 50 per cent of your mark)
- How to provide a killer thesis that has you sitting firmly in the top band 6 bracket
- How to appropriately balance quotes, techniques and content
- a brief - but critical - overview of scaling and moderation so you can effectively strategise your HSC and balance your time
- What HSC English markers actually look for when awarding top marks
- Advice on strategy from choice of related texts, content for creatives,
- Exploration of mediums - how do you write about plays as opposed to poetry, books, movies ( a very important skill which lots of people fail).
- How to maximise your personal strengths and minimise common weakenesses; avoid the pitfalls!

Finally, this gives you and I a chance to meet each other; I like tutoring and get on well with students and enjoy partaking in their success. As a result of the seminar you will have year long access to an experienced, successful tutor who can answer queries/concerns you may have and provide guidance at important times like trials.

Seminar cost: $50 pp
Booking: RSVP by 3/1/2016 to 0405836941 or dblo7401@uni.sydney.edu.au

Please RSVP as soon as possible. At the moment I have 5 students pre-registered and will look to small classes; I may extend to two seminars but places are limited.

Thanks, merry Xmas and good luck with your studies,
Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)