Advice on tutoring someone in hsc/ prelim English and history (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I completed my hsc in 2015 and I'm about to put up a notice for tutoring in English Advanced, Extension 1, Modern/Ancient history and history extension, but I'm not sure what students usually expect from a humanities tutor. Because it's not the same as maths were you go through each topic because everyone does completely different topics and content in English and history subjects based on the topics/ options their teacher chooses.

My question is what kinds of things should I be prepared for or should prepare for these types of subjects and students?

I have a plethora of resources such as essays, creatives, notes that I can give students if they've done particular topics, and I considered that I'll probably be helping in building essay writing skills, creative writing skills, helping them with their projects, speeches, discovery paper 1, learning of content for history/ studying history based subjects etc.
I'm concerned that if I haven't studied the topic or content at school I won't be as helpful or will flounder.

Also, what is the usual pay/ hour and length of a session? I am a first time private tutor but I do have experience teaching primary school level kids at a coaching centre.
Is the pay dependent credentials like how well you did in the hsc, like do students who state ranked in subjects they tutored increase the prices of their lessons because they have quality notes/ essays etc.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)