When to start learning 4 unit maths at tuition? (1 Viewer)

yellow99

HSC
i'm in yr 11 this year and definitely considering doing 4u maths in yr 12. i know some people have already started learning 4u in yr 10 at certain tuitions so am i already behind? if i want to learn it ahead of school at a tuition (oh and where is good for 4u?) when is a good time to start? thanks

turntaker

HSC
i'm in yr 11 this year and definitely considering doing 4u maths in yr 12. i know some people have already started learning 4u in yr 10 at certain tuitions so am i already behind? if i want to learn it ahead of school at a tuition (oh and where is good for 4u?) when is a good time to start? thanks
Yes you are behind.

Jk chill

gandalfbrah

HSC
Starting the 4u course anywhere from term 3 to term 4 of year 11 is more than early enough. I recommend Focus College in Cabramatta, the tutor there (Jimmy) teaches extremely well and provides really good resources for both 3u and 4u math. The price is extremely affordable at 500 a term for both 3 and 4u.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Starting the 4u course anywhere from term 3 to term 4 of year 11 is more than early enough. I recommend Focus College in Cabramatta, the tutor there (Jimmy) teaches extremely well and provides really good resources for both 3u and 4u math. The price is extremely affordable at 500 a term for both 3 and 4u.
Bump for jimmy.
Can vouch, you start 4u mid term 2 of year 11, and by the time the first assessments for year 12 roll up, you wouldve already finished 4 topics. We spent the whole of term 4 revising and doing harder complex numbers and polynomials. Hence why so many ppl got 100 for their first assessment

gandalfbrah

HSC
Bump for jimmy.
Can vouch, you start 4u mid term 2 of year 11, and by the time the first assessments for year 12 roll up, you wouldve already finished 4 topics. We spent the whole of term 4 revising and doing harder complex numbers and polynomials. Hence why so many ppl got 100 for their first assessment
Exactly, currently in year 12. Term 2 is about to start and I have completed conics, polynomials, complex numbers and graphs, and starting today i will be doing integration. Jimmy gets you about two topics ahead of school, so not too ahead but ahead enough to gain an advantage without forgetting everything you have learnt.

yellow99

HSC
thanks for all the replies ^_^ if i join focus for 4u in term 2 do i also have to do 3u there? cos i already have a tutor for 3u

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Umm actually its better if you join for 3u as well, that way jimmy can moderate your 3u and 4u together

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I would suggest going this weekend and joining cause we open this week. You'll have to sit an entrance exam

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Most places tend to start 4U midway year 11. I suggest joining ngo and sons, PEAK or focus (mentioned above already). May I ask but which tutor do you go to for 3u?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)