Ngo & Sons (1 Viewer)

axwe7

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

I was just looking up Ngo & Sons and it said that they tutor Ext 1 Maths to Year 9's and Ext. 2 Math to Year 10's...

So year 9's supposedly do HSC Ext. 1 Math and Year 10's do Ext 2. Math...

Is this true, because I find it hard to believe...

And does anyone have their schedule? (Year 11 program for Maths - the things they'd do this year)..

And what do Year 11/12's do?

Can anyone please give me a quick rundown of how Ngo and Sons works??

Do they teach Ext.2 to all of their Yr 10's or what??

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

I was just looking up Ngo & Sons and it said that they tutor Ext 1 Maths to Year 9's and Ext. 2 Math to Year 10's...

So year 9's supposedly do HSC Ext. 1 Math and Year 10's do Ext 2. Math...

Is this true, because I find it hard to believe...

And does anyone have their schedule? (Year 11 program for Maths - the things they'd do this year)..

And what do Year 11/12's do?

Can anyone please give me a quick rundown of how Ngo and Sons works??

Do they teach Ext.2 to all of their Yr 10's or what??
Hey Axwe7

I go to ngo and sons at the moment, however I started near the end of year 10 so I cannot give you all the information you'll need. Sorry :(

Regarding the extension 1 maths in year 9, that is for the accelerated class (the top class) and extension 2 is for the year 10's (top class). However if you would like to join the top class in addition to your current class, you'll need to ask your teacher. Usually they'll allow it as long as there is space and there is always space so don't worry :)

Yes I have their schedule, I'll PM you the deets so don't worry

Every class is different so each class would do different content. In a year there is approximately 10 classes (at the fairfield campus. Not sure about Parra though) each with at least 25 students minimum

The year 11's and 12's do completely different things (depending on each class)

Ngo and sons has lesson which are an hour and 45 minutes and at least 45 minutes is spent on homework questions in the previous week (in the lower classes). After that the teacher will write on the board then he/she will tell you "pens down" and then she/he will start explaining concepts and show you the working to each question. This happens for the rest of the lesson as there is no "time wasting" (i.e. questions to do in class and whatever you need help in, you ask and the teacher will come and help you)

There are 4 classes in year 10 which do 4 unit (the top classes). If you would like yo join then you can ask to join in addition to your usual class (it will cost extra however it's only like $30 extra)

Classes are 1 hour 45 mins and are $30 a lesson

There are holiday classes though

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

the_matrix

HSC
They don't explicitly say what type of senior maths they teach in their junior grades but yes, they do something like that. I learnt circle geometry in year 8 and some polynomials in year 9.

Ngos and Sons have 3 campuses:
1. Ngos and Sons (main campus - Fairfield)
2. DA College (2nd campus - Fairfield)
3. Parramatta campus - unsure of the name

They have strict teachers who are personally trained by the owner (Dr. Truong) and their classes are very disciplined. They are really strict on homework and if you attempt to cheat, you'll most likely get caught. You sit an entrance exam and from there you'll be allocated a class.

Since the owner is a very traditional Vietnamese person, he requires all students to bow to staff members and acknowledge them by Ms/Sir,

- Former student of Ngos and Sons

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
They don't explicitly say what type of senior maths they teach in their junior grades but yes, they do something like that. I learnt circle geometry in year 8 and some polynomials in year 9.

They have strict teachers who are personally trained by the owner (Dr. Truong) and their classes are very disciplined. They are really strict on homework and if you attempt to cheat, you'll most likely get caught. You sit an entrance exam and from there you'll be allocated a class.

Since the owner is a very traditional Vietnamese person, he requires all students to bow to staff members and acknowledge them by Ms/Sir,

That sounds fun lol

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

True. They teach differentiation limits in one of the junior years. I think they do that is because they run classes all year round and they finish junior topics quickly (I think. Not 100% sure). The name of the ngo and sons parramatta campus is just "ngo and sons parramatta campus". Nothing special about it.

In my opinion the teachers aren't strict at all, especially the uni students and Dr Truong himself isn't that strict IMO. He tells jokes in class and cracks us up. Who would be stupid enough to cheat? Only idiots do that because cheating isn't a way of learning.

In the entrance exam, they ask questions like "family members enrolled in the centre" "previous tutoring places" and the last question of the entrance exam is "why do you want to go to this tutoring centre?"

If you want to enrol in year 11 and year 12, they don't do it through the entrance test though. Not sure how to do it

I've seen really rude students not bowing before. Acknowledging staff by the name Ms/Sir isn't bad because I'm quite sure this is what you call your teachers at school. Surprisingly enough this is what we call our PEAK teachers even though they're uni students

-Current student of Ngo and Sons

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
The moments when he takes a jab at you to get a reaction.

Especially the "shock" of seeing a smile on my face.

Never, I say. Never.

Everyone else finds it humourous.

Well, as long as they're all laughing...

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Im curious to know are most of the students that go to Ngo & Sons of Vietnamese origin? Anyone can give me a rough ballpark figure of people of Viet background?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Im curious to know are most of the students that go to Ngo & Sons of Vietnamese origin? Anyone can give me a rough ballpark figure of people of Viet background?
Quite a lot of students at the centre are vietnamese but not all of them. There are students of other backgrounds though. Don't know the percentage though. Sorry :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)