Applying for a job as a homework marker at a tutoring centre while in high school (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hey

Anyone here knows how to apply for a job at a tutoring place marking homework while still in high school?

I've heard people doing it but they say that usually the job would be offered if you had a close affiliation to them

If there are tutoring places which do offer high school students jobs as homework markers then which centres do specifically?

Thanks in advanced:)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I have a friend in my yr working at preuni just marking hw

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Which preuni?

How did he apply for it?
I have a friend at Pre-Uni marking hw but its because he was going there for years and they were like lol you wanna come for us. Also another friend who works at Kumon marking hw

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I have a friend at Pre-Uni marking hw but its because he was going there for years and they were like lol you wanna come for us. Also another friend who works at Kumon marking hw
I don't attend any of those 2 tutoring places so I'm probably not going to end up working as a homework marker with them :(

photastic

HSC
If you go to the tutoring centre, just ask them and you're pretty much in if they know you. If you don't go to the tutoring centre, simply call them and ask, its a pretty easy job to get into barely any competition.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
She doesn't even go preuni for tutoring and still managed to get the job
Idk how she applied

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Probably going to have to ring them up or email them

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
If you go to the tutoring centre, just ask them and you're pretty much in if they know you. If you don't go to the tutoring centre, simply call them and ask, its a pretty easy job to get into barely any competition.
Yeah I don't think I will get the job coz they already hire uni students to mark the work. I thought there was quite a lot of competition especially when you're in high school to get a job as a homework marker at a tutoring place

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Are we allowed to bring a whole stack of homework (for marking) home so then we can mark at out own convenience and then next week we bring the homework to the centre and then we get paid on how much we mark? Lol

photastic

HSC
Are we allowed to bring a whole stack of homework (for marking) home so then we can mark at out own convenience and then next week we bring the homework to the centre and then we get paid on how much we mark? Lol
Depends on the tutoring centre. Some tutoring centres (one I worked at) use homework books for the students so you have to mark within 1 hr per subject so they can review the homework with the teacher in class. In terms of pay, it really depends and its definitely under the minimum wage, doubt they'll pay high school students any higher.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Depends on the tutoring centre. Some tutoring centres (one I worked at) use homework books for the students so you have to mark within 1 hr per subject so they can review the homework with the teacher in class. In terms of pay, it really depends and its definitely under the minimum wage, doubt they'll pay high school students any higher.
How many hours are you required to work each week? The pay's going to be like $10 an hour or less for high school students

Do you know any who actually do this and of so are you required for an interview/do a resume etc or do they just say yup we've got a job available for you and starting from next week, you're going to start marking?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Bump anyone know any places where I can apply for a job as a homework marker?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Why a homework marker specifically?
Coz it's not as timeconsuming as other jobs (i.e. resume, interview, etc) plus I like working independently and if I have the chance to bring homework home to mark (for the extra money) then yeah I would

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Also it isn't easy applying for other jobs (mcdonalds, kfc, bog w, k mart, coles, etc) especially if you don't have experience (like me)
But... The application is. You won't know till you try.

I had no experience when I got a job at KFC - they only care if you're young and cheap to hire [emoji23]

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
But... The application is. You won't know till you try.

I had no experience when I got a job at KFC - they only care if you're young and cheap to hire [emoji23]
Really? I don't have any references and such. I don't think they're going be like yeah you applied for the job now you get the job. I heard fast food outlets and restaurants consisted of hard work (I mean long painful hours)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Really? I don't have any references and such. I don't think they're going be like yeah you applied for the job now you get the job. I heard fast food outlets and restaurants consisted of hard work (I mean long painful hours)
Well... Yeah. You're not getting paid to do nothing. You work hours anywhere from 3-6 hours. Depends on your arrangement and scheduling. Also, you're on your feet for the whole time.

Of course, with any job - you apply, they call you back (hopefully) and you interview.

What they've said before on this thread is that tutoring company's have enough uni students to hire. I think, unless you know someone in a tutoring centre who can get you that sort of role, it might be difficult to get.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Well... Yeah. You're not getting paid to do nothing. You work hours anywhere from 3-6 hours. Depends on your arrangement and scheduling. Also, you're on your feet for the whole time.

Of course, with any job - you apply, they call you back (hopefully) and you interview.

What they've said before on this thread is that tutoring company's have enough uni students to hire. I think, unless you know someone in a tutoring centre who can get you that sort of role, it might be difficult to get.
Yeah true but tutoring companies should start making uni students redundant (ones in K-12) and hire high school students to mark work. Marking work is so easy especially for the primary school years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)