Tutoring for English (1 Viewer)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That is really subjective, depending on how well you are going with English and your attitude towards tutoring, they teach whatever you need to learn to excel in school.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The only time you should get english tutor is if your english teacher sucks. The thing is english tutoring isn't useful because:

1. Schools mark differently and have a specific style of writing (even english teachers do)
2. English is a very broad and luck based subject. You're not going to know what you're going to get. All practicing does is it just helps you with the style and structure but not exactly whats coming in the exam.

Yeah and that's it for me lol

Thomas_SSEDU

HSC
Uni Grad
It depends.

I personally found tutoring for English to be quite helpful and worth it to me in High School as it gave me more opportunity to practice my writing until I got the hang of it for the HSC. However, that isn't to say that tutoring is for everyone.

Tutoring for English itself varies from tutor to tutor and centre to centre. Ideally a good tutor would be one that would be able to address your concerns, weaknesses, and give you additional practice on your school's texts whilst allowing for ample opportunity to practice your writing comprehension and essay skills.

Your best bet is always to first try consulting your school teacher if you need help looking over and getting feedback for things such as your essays. If you aren't satisfied with that or you find that you're looking for something a little bit more than tutoring might be an option for you.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

MagicMantis

HSC
N/A
English is a wide scope but for Arrendell they can teach your child about grammar, comprehension and writing. There are several tutoring centre you can check near your area and don't forget to consult to your child's teacher to know what needs to be improved. For me tutoring is worth it, it can fill in the gaps and can prepare your child for the next schooling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)