Holiday classes vs. weekly term classes at Matrix (1 Viewer)

dabatman

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

I was just wondering, I don't know whether to attend holiday or weekly term classes at Matrix education, any ideas? Which one is better if any of you ever attended, please HELP?

PS. I am attending for Chemistry and Physics.

Thanks

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
For y12 I find that holiday classes have really helped so far (I went for term 1) because I was able to understand concepts easier at school for Chem - I just had to constantly practise/spam/revise questions for a majority of the school term and go to workshops at Matrix if I needed some help. You also have to consider the fact that your school might teach faster than Matrix (but for my school, Matrix has a slightly faster pace), so that might be a problem during the term.

But I definitely found the holiday course way more exhausting than weekly classes since I did both Maths and Chem in the holidays last term...and that's like 6 hours a day for 2 weeks straight, plus additional hours of daily homework and stuff. Pretty much school...but way more learning involved.

Well, personally, I've performed better in Y12 after doing the holiday course as opposed to how I did in year 11, when I went to matrix during the term. I feel like they'd be the same thing - it just depends on how well you retain information, since they both offer the same information and assistance I guess??

Anyway I'd say go to at least one in the holidays and the other during the term maybe and just book workshops if needed when school starts again

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I went to both. The holiday course is so intensive like literally you spend 2 weeks studying like 15 hours a day because you have to do homework. It was a stressful time period, but you can really reap the rewards in the term, but in saying this, ONLY attend the holiday course if you are very strong in the subject I.e. A band 6 level, because otherwise it can honestly be very difficult to consume and decipher such a large amount of information in a short period of time, while in a term course you would have a week each time to understand information.

andrew12678

HSC
I would say that attending a holiday class/course would definitely help for many reasons, one would definitely be because you will most certainly feel more comfortable and have a greater advantage once class starts next year. By the time you learn in class you it could possibly have been your 3rd time (1st in holiday course, 2nd time at your normal weekly tutoring [maybe?] and 3rd in class) learning the same bits of information so why wouldn't you be at an advantage in terms of memorisation and consolidation. I would also say that you should also keep your normal weekly tutoring (should you go to one) and merely do a holiday course as a 'no strings attached' beneficial endeavour for the holidays and definitely do not think that the holiday course is complete replacement for your weekly sessions which will most likely allow aid you in retaining information consistently and help you remain complacent which is essential to the HSC year. Also I would recommend avoiding any excessively charging coaching college such as Matrix as ~$40-50 is simply too expensive for a holiday course where you probably be attending more than 20-30hrs over approx a week so instead I would strongly suggest asking tutors around on BoS to see if they are running any holiday courses for much less

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)