Thread: HSC Japanese Tutoring

HSC

Smile HSC Japanese Tutoring

Hello, I'm offering tutoring for HSC Japanese Beginners, Continuers, and Extension at the rate of $35/hour. (Junior students are also welcomed!)

Qualifications:

☆ Japanese Continuers : HSC mark 98, Band 6, 4th in State.

☆ Japanese Extension : HSC mark 47/50, Band E4 (Top Band)

☆ Japanese Language Proficiency Test : Passed N1 (Ability to understand Japanese used in a variety of circumstances)

☆ ATAR : 95.05 (Band 6 in five subjects)

☆ Current University student, doing the Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Education (Secondary), with a major in Japanese.

Other:

- I completed my HSC in 2016 so I am very familiar with current course content, especially for Continuers and Extension. ( I also have great notes to share for Extension! )

- I have current and ongoing experience in tutoring. (I've been tutoring several Year 11-12 students for over two years now with great success.)

- I am very flexible in regards to the scheduling of lessons and the locations are also negotiable. (Travelling to student will cost $5 extra.)

- First consultation/trial lesson is free.

Feel free to contact me for any additional information or to schedule a meeting!
    Email: edmundtkj@gmail.com
    Phone: 0403592383

- Edmund
    Last edited by Jien; 17 May 2018 at 10:30 PM.

HSC

Re: HSC Japanese Tutoring

woaaa how on earth did you pass JLPT N1??? thats craazy- isn't N1 like native- Japanese level?
    :OO pls share how you achieved such great feats
    (I wanted to take N4/ N5 this year but I had my exam block...)

HSC

Hi tnjq, I'm so sorry for the delayed reply.

Language study is all about consistent effort over time. Since Japanese was my main interest in high school, I worked extra hard in my Japanese class throughout Year 11-12. (Though I understand it might be hard if you have other more demanding subjects.) After my HSC, I had a whole bunch of extra time so I studied N1 grammar and vocab really hard.

N1 was challenging but since I am from kanji background it saved me from learning a lot of kanji. You probably already know this but it's best to consume all the Japanese content you can. Anime, manga, songs, TV programs, everything helps! For me personally anime definitely helped with the listening part. Talking to native speakers also helped a lot. After I made a few Japanese friends, I noticed that my Japanese improved drastically and it helped me speak more authentic Japanese.

Good luck with N4/N5! My teacher told me that you should always go a level higher than what you're comfortable with so might be more worthwhile to try N4. ^^
    Last edited by Jien; 5 Feb 2018 at 12:22 AM.

HSC

Still looking for students

Thread Information