1st in James Ruse English and Modern History Tutoring (1 Viewer)

nineteenninetynine

HSC
State Rank English and Modern History Tutoring

Hi!

I graduated from James Ruse Agricultural High School in 2017, and am offering private tutoring for English and Modern History.

I received an ATAR of 99.90 and received the state ranks of 11th in NSW for Modern History and 20th in NSW for English Advanced.
I also received the J.A. Reid Medal for Modern History, the Ross Medal for Advanced English and the Head Teacher's Award for Modern History.

Throughout year 12, I ran study groups for my grade in both these subjects and have given feedback for other students' essays.
My tutorials are focused upon helping you understand the text or topic and refining your essays. I am also happy to mark your essays free of charge in my own time.

The texts I studied for English:
The Tempest
Letters to Alice + Pride and Prejudice
Citizen Kane
Judith Wright Poetry

My topics for Modern History:
Germany 1919-1939
Albert Speer
Conflict in the Pacific

I am also happy to offer a free trial lesson to help you determine whether you would like to commit to tutoring.

Feel free to contact me for more details if interested at williamchua1@hotmail.com

Thanks,
William Chua

Last edited:

greg1957

HSC
There are two types of students who achieve top English marks:
(i) Edgy teens who, fuelled by coffee, frantically type out Nobel Prize-worthy literature at 3am on a stroke of genius; and
(ii) Organised students who appreciate the nuances within HSC English and work consistently throughout the school year.

I've known William all throughout high school, and admittedly, he's edgy-genius as much as he is organised-hardworking.
I, on the other hand, was a student who neither had that writing flair, nor had a plan to address my lack of talent.

William helped me a huge amount in Year 12, and with his advice and feedback I was able to improve my essay structure, as well as develop more sophisticated arguments and meaningful analysis. By helping me tackle my weaknesses systematically, he helped me not only improve my marks, but also start to tap into what talent I, indeed, might have had. And sometimes, just being able to talk with him about English, a subject that he had such a passion for, was already very inspiring.

William is an incredible person who made my HSC english journey that much smoother. I hope that he can make your journey easier too.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
By the way, not that anyone cares (with apologies to William):

The surname Chua indicates that William's dad has Hokkien or Teochew roots in Malaysia or Singapore. This surname may manifest itself in a variety of versions: Chuah (Penang spelling), Cai, Tsai, Choi, Choy (in Cantonese), Tsoi, Chye (in Hakka), Chai, Thai or Sai (in Vietnamese), Toy, Toi (in Toishan dialect), Sua (in Hainanese), Tjoa (in Hokkien, but old Indonesian spelling, Coa in new spelling) among others. The founder of Talent 100 is also a Chua, as is Amy

Guys: don't forget: William can help you in your English and Modern History. He must be very very good, with so many endorsements .

Last edited:

T A S

HSC
This guy is a bloody legend in English, dragged my ranks from the gutter to a band 6, completely from his own generosity. We were class mates, and he would have so much patience and dedication in trying to teach me concepts I couldn't understand. He's English skills are definitely on point, with him always getting close to full marks or full marks for almost every assessment, and more importantly, he can teach really well in a way that's easy to understand. Definitely has the skills to be an amazing tutor.

lanaalk66

HSC
N/A
This guy's good - got a triple digit mark in english trials.
But seriously, I've found his advice to be well worth listening to. Defs worth giving him a shot.

RedHawkGG

HSC
As well as being a great mate, Will was dedicated to helping me (and many others) improve our essays/creatives for the HSC. Being quite an average English student, I constantly pestered him for feedback; and he was happy to give me his honest, justified opinion and any suggestions for improvement. It was honestly a life-saver.

If you're struggling in English, William is the perfect person to help.

Raeservoir

HSC
Didn't know you were doing tutoring - also didn't know your ranks were this good! I can testify he gives solid feedback on English, on my trial creative, at the level of a good English teacher, so he would definitely make a good tutor.

mightykittykat

HSC
For the two years that I've known William, he has always spoken passionately about English and Modern History. His willingness to discuss his thoughts on any aspect of either subject and ability to provide valuable feedback to peers show his dedication to helping others improve. Having achieved well deserved state ranks in both subjects, I'm sure that William will make an excellent tutor.

nineteenninetynine

HSC
Sorry, I will no longer be taking additional students in HSC English.

I am still able to tutor modern history.

Good luck!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Ive known William for 2 years. He is a person who genuinely cares for his students and wants them to achieve to the best of their potential. You wouldn't make a mistake getting him as your tutor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)