Thread: In need of a physics tutor

HSC

In need of a physics tutor

Can you guys recommend me any tutors who do 1-1 or classes for prelim and hsc physics. I am in desperate need of one because I believe my school is seriously behind and my teacher does not explain all the concepts very well.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Re: In need of a physics tutor

-Buy a 1st year University Textbook (my recommendations either Young & Freedman or Halliday Resnick, or better both if capitalism has treated you favourably); (or borrow any "College" 1st year text you can from any Uni library you can)
    -Read these books; be inspired, when you falter (in following the text) from one sentence to the next, or one equation to the next ( because they didnt explain in a way you were prepared for)
    -if still stuck or uninspired watch a DrPhysicsA yt lecture on this topic, or Khan or anything you can find that works..

Physics is wonderful to contemplate & be able to study. Often to make more sense of it, we need to talk the language of Math (which IS a language and sometime mathematicians take a perverse delight in making the language obscure) - stick with it; good luck!

Loquacious One
    HSC
    N/A

Young and Freedman is indeed a wonderful book - like so many other US-published 1st Yr physics text. It is a descendent of Sears & Zemansky's University Physics which I remember using as an undergraduate. In fact I have a copy of Young & Freedman; every concept is explained clearly and in great detail. And the illustrations/ figures and diagrams are just 1st class.
    1-on-1 Maths Tutoring(IB & HSC): Epping, Beecroft, Eastwood, Carlingford & Beyond
    IB: Maths Studies, Maths SL & Maths HL; HSC: 2U, 3U & 4U
    Highly Qualified & Highly Experienced. Estimated ATAR > 9.995
    There are IB Maths Tutors and there are IB Maths Tutors.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by jessnguyen3 View Post
    Can you guys recommend me any tutors who do 1-1 or classes for prelim and hsc physics. I am in desperate need of one because I believe my school is seriously behind and my teacher does not explain all the concepts very well.
    I recommend Sigma Science (I went there) but he might be full already.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

Cadet
    HSC

I heard Sigma is really good as well, but you might also want to check out Ace.
    3U Eng | Chem | Bio | Physics | Adv Math | Modern History

99+ Atar Goal

Cadet
    HSC

Check out Evolutionary Tutors!

Thread Information