Votes: 80 7.8%
  • Group: $40hr or more

Votes: 78 7.6%
  • Group: Other (pelase post below)

Votes: 7 0.7%

• Total voters
T

tactic

What do you think are reasonable rates for tutoring? This is for both private and group based tutoring! would you pay more for someone who had a better reputation?

will88888

HSC
N/A
coaching rates

Yeah $30-$35 is a pretty good rate.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
30-35? damn i only charge 25. well thats probably right for a 1st year uni student.
btw do we post our details in this forum now?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
for high school, i charge 20/hr, which is reasonable since i dont have any qualifications and am only an undergraduate 1st year student. My only validations would be my relevant HSC marks and UAI.

Edit: this is one on one btw. Im not a fan of group tuition, regardless of whether im doing the tutoring or im BEING tutored.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
30ph is expensive for anyone. tutoring colleges charge about 20ph with qualified teachers teachnig you. If not less-Mind you this is in groups. I know a tutor (who has his own college) charges 130 ph one on one. Im guessing he's giving you more than tutoring in the hour.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
it really depends on a few factors - for instance travel costs. if someone has to drive for an hour to get to you, its fair enough to factor that into the rates. also qualifications - obviously someone with an MBA is worth a little more for business tutoring than someone who just got 95 in their business studies subject in hsc.

i mean, maybe im a tight ass, but i was quoted 25 an hour from someone the same age as me for a subject recently, which involved no travel on her part as it was on-campus, and she really had no extra qualifications - we even graduated hsc the same yr - while she had a great grade in the subject i needed help for, i thought that was a lot to ask from a uni student who's happy to work around you. i dunno. particularly if youre not offering a free/half price trial etc.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
The poll doesn't reflect your question.

Of course it'll depend on the qulifications of the tutor. If its just some uni kid tutoring HSC with no experience, no more than $20/hr.

But if its like school teacher who've got a good reputation and had chuned out more band 6 students than he can remember. I'll be more than willing to pay $50/hr.

Thats one on one tutoring that is.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i'm tutoring primary kids for $15/hr (one on one), i only just started though. my cousin started off with $30...

problem is, i don't drive and it takes me at least half an hour by bus to get to their places :\ my dad thinks i should charge more

i also tutor my 25y/o friend who's english conversational skills are pretty bad, he offered $20/hr but i felt really horrible so $15/hr for him as well :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
where do u get private tutes for less than 20?????
*puts hand up*

Although i only take on friends and people from my old high school and surrounding high schools as its too much effort going elsewhere.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
lol.....all you people tutor for subjects, im only a yr12 student, and i tutor english for students for 5bux...figure that out....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)