Poll: Turoting rates

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Coaching rates?

tactic

Coaching rates?

What do you think are reasonable rates for tutoring? This is for both private and group based tutoring! would you pay more for someone who had a better reputation?

Cannonball
    HSC
    I think ~$30 per hr is a good rate depending on qualifications and the like of course.

HSC
    where do u get private tutes for less than 20?????

HSC
    N/A

coaching rates

Yeah $30-$35 is a pretty good rate.

HSC
    N/A
    30-35? damn i only charge 25. well thats probably right for a 1st year uni student.
    btw do we post our details in this forum now?
    SGS Class of '04
    UNSW Med 1
    2/3/4u maths tutoring available. see
    http://community.boredofstudies.org/...30#post1883130

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by HSC_sUcKsSsS
    I tutor for 20
    SGS Class of '04
    2004 UAI: 99.90

Med I 2005

HSC
    for high school, i charge 20/hr, which is reasonable since i dont have any qualifications and am only an undergraduate 1st year student. My only validations would be my relevant HSC marks and UAI.

Edit: this is one on one btw. Im not a fan of group tuition, regardless of whether im doing the tutoring or im BEING tutored.

HSC
    30ph is expensive for anyone. tutoring colleges charge about 20ph with qualified teachers teachnig you. If not less-Mind you this is in groups. I know a tutor (who has his own college) charges 130 ph one on one. Im guessing he's giving you more than tutoring in the hour.

it's gotta be big spin spin sugar's Avatar
    HSC
    it really depends on a few factors - for instance travel costs. if someone has to drive for an hour to get to you, its fair enough to factor that into the rates. also qualifications - obviously someone with an MBA is worth a little more for business tutoring than someone who just got 95 in their business studies subject in hsc.

i mean, maybe im a tight ass, but i was quoted 25 an hour from someone the same age as me for a subject recently, which involved no travel on her part as it was on-campus, and she really had no extra qualifications - we even graduated hsc the same yr - while she had a great grade in the subject i needed help for, i thought that was a lot to ask from a uni student who's happy to work around you. i dunno. particularly if youre not offering a free/half price trial etc.
    So I'm repelling down mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip. And I'm just falling, terrified and then I think, "Hey, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days and couldn't some of this maybe be in your mind?"

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvy
    I tutor for 20
    could u let me in on that??

HSC
    i tutor business studies for 15...

HSC
    The poll doesn't reflect your question.

Of course it'll depend on the qulifications of the tutor. If its just some uni kid tutoring HSC with no experience, no more than $20/hr.

But if its like school teacher who've got a good reputation and had chuned out more band 6 students than he can remember. I'll be more than willing to pay $50/hr.

Thats one on one tutoring that is.
    YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT DO NOT MISS

"I have ran out of ways to fail; now I can only succeed."

I WILL get that Jag!

English Stuff:Burger Theory Frontline

UNSW Commerce Bks 4 SALE

HSC
    i'm tutoring primary kids for $15/hr (one on one), i only just started though. my cousin started off with $30...

problem is, i don't drive and it takes me at least half an hour by bus to get to their places :\ my dad thinks i should charge more

i also tutor my 25y/o friend who's english conversational skills are pretty bad, he offered $20/hr but i felt really horrible so $15/hr for him as well

Premium Member
    HSC
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by HSC_sUcKsSsS
    *puts hand up*

Although i only take on friends and people from my old high school and surrounding high schools as its too much effort going elsewhere.

HSC
    subjects: maths ext 1, phys chem ancient history english standard anyone??

Sith Lord
    HSC
    ancient history all the way! *ahem* signature.
    SGS 2004
    UAI 99.65
    UNSW Medicine

PM me or check out my thread for tutoring (Eng 2/3, Maths 3/4, Ancient History 2/3). Follow this link...

http://community.boredofstudies.org/...55#post4908155

Exalted Member
    HSC
    Private- $20 or less.

it's gotta be big spin spin sugar's Avatar
    HSC
    hahaha, the tutors totally all voted for this poll
    So I'm repelling down mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip. And I'm just falling, terrified and then I think, "Hey, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days and couldn't some of this maybe be in your mind?"

HSC
    lol.....all you people tutor for subjects, im only a yr12 student, and i tutor english for students for 5bux...figure that out....
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_gtr
    Rnitya is like the the sweetest cookie ever, kinda like those macadamia cookies from subway; it crumbles in your mouth and its so sweet you could swear its doused in sugar, but its guaranteed to be 100% natural and wholesome goodness.
    -Be the change you want to see. -Mahatma Gandhi
    -Don't worry about your difficulties in Maths, I can assure you, mine are still greater.-Albert Einstein.
    -Whatever you do, do it from the heart- Abhishek Bachchan

HSC
    i think about 25 bucks 4 1 hr, 40 for 2, it seems fair

LaraB
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaman
    i think about 25 bucks 4 1 hr, 40 for 2, it seems fair
    believe me - that's cheap.

for someone who's a uni student who got high end 90's UAI who knows their stuff expect to pay no less than $30/hr at least if you want quality....

most of us don't see it as profitable for less since we have uni work to do as well and if you have a decent tutor, you're not just paying for the hour or 2 per week- you should be getting ghelp with past papers, writing past essays or questions for them to 'mark', extra sheets of info which take time to do...
    strawberrye likes this.

HSC
    N/A
    I notice that tutoring subjects are maths english science etc. Anyone get tutoring in Visual Arts? How much does it cost? Who does it ? and where??????

HSC
    getting the blood out of my caffeine system
    Quote Originally Posted by LaraB
    believe me - that's cheap.

for someone who's a uni student who got high end 90's UAI who knows their stuff expect to pay no less than $30/hr at least if you want quality....

most of us don't see it as profitable for less since we have uni work to do as well and if you have a decent tutor, you're not just paying for the hour or 2 per week- you should be getting ghelp with past papers, writing past essays or questions for them to 'mark', extra sheets of info which take time to do...
    exactly - i feel bad charging $30, but if you're putting in a lot of work for them and it's working, then it's justified, especially if you have to travel to them.
    A small, fluffy rabbit named Brutus will always have that extra edge to it – a hint of being a wolf in sheep’s clothing, when it is really too much of a vegetarian to be a wolf, and too much of a rabbit to be a sheep.

Newcastle tutor: 7-12 English, Maths, Ancient History

B Arts/Law University of Newcastle

Cadet
    It depends on the subject, and the experience of the tutor. I think humanities tuition should start at $20 for individual/ group (for a first year uni student), but go up depending on experience (e.g. I charge $25- cheap for my experience- as a second year pre-honours student who's had vast experience teaching adults and children in individual and class situations). Some first years charge $40/ hour from the get-go and I think that's a rip-off, as I doubt they've had the experience needed to justify that (also, most teachers only charge $50! :P)

LaraB
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient_nut
    It depends on the subject, and the experience of the tutor. I think humanities tuition should start at $20 for individual/ group (for a first year uni student), but go up depending on experience (e.g. I charge $25- cheap for my experience- as a second year pre-honours student who's had vast experience teaching adults and children in individual and class situations). Some first years charge $40/ hour from the get-go and I think that's a rip-off, as I doubt they've had the experience needed to justify that (also, most teachers only charge $50! :P)
    hardly know anyone who charges $40.... first year or otherwise..

and regardless- being at uni longer doens't make you a better tutor...

especially for things like enlgish where the longer you've been at uni, the more irrelevant your knowledge is in relation to AOS etc...

ther's no reason why a 1st year student isn't as or more capable than a 5th year studeht in tutoring a high school kid... high school work has nothing to do with uni work so if you understand the high school stuff's that's all that matters.. extra 'uni level' info students are given is largely irrelvant coz it isn't partof the marking criteria and outcomes...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information