• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A STATE ranked tutor wants YOU! (1 Viewer)

HeideggerII

HSC
Ah, greetings to you. :wave:

My name is Steven and I want YOU! I graduated in 2006, and during 2008 and beyond shall be offering tutoring to both year 11 (preliminary) and year 12 (HSC) students. I attained quite a few state-rankings and I want you to do the same! I’m keen to help students achieve their own goals in order to secure a place in their desired University course first year. I have been tutoring for the last year and a half (with state ranked students) and my rates are competitive- at the moment 30 dollars p/h with notes and printouts (though I am happy to discuss this further depending on how much competition is in the marketplace). I am prepared to travel a reasonable distance to tutor you! Whether you want to be tutored at your house, a library or mine is open to negotiation! Also for you who are in Canberra Grammar and do the HSC I will gladly tutor you too!!

I can explain the content of your courses, the processes the BOS and UAC use (such as rankings, rank-1 advantage, moderation, alignment, scaling) help with all assessment tasks (including speeches, performances, prepared or major essays and exams, halfyearlys and trials), exam technique, essay writing, and share all my resources- notes, texts, full mark assessment tasks, essays etc. Oh, all my claims can be verified here:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/TAINC_2006_12.htm

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/DSACH_2006_12_S19.htm

Subjects I'm tutoring for

Extension 2 English: 100% (Showcase nominated - 100%)

50/50 for both school and HSC mark. Here, I will help you along with all stages of the MW, from cooking up an entirely unique and clever idea that will really hit the markers where it hurts their egos because they didn’t think of it, to wrapping it up in some nice ribbons to send off to the board of studies. For my MW I wrote a socio-critique of histriographical and communicative practices in a short story format, so I guess essay and short-stroy writing is my specialty. However, regardless of your medium I still have a very informed opinion on all variety of literature and can help significantly with your piece (You'll be impressed by the range of avant garde authors I can muster for you). Also, the reflection statement is an important component of the MW, and I will help you craft an eloquent and clever reflection statement that will hit all the dot points, making all the difference for your result.

History Extension: 100% (2nd in the State)
I believe I am the 'King' at this subject, scoring 50/50 scaled in both the HSC and school marks. In fact, in 2007 two of the kids I tutored scored top 10 in the State (so this is a testament to my skills). It is also a difficult subject which often catches out the best of students, and is considered by many to require the most skilful and researched essays. The historiographical concepts are often difficult to grasp and this is where some one-on-one tutoring is necessary. I have a wealth of resources and tips including a complete summary of the source-book- as well as several 25/25 essay I have written for my trials. I studied the popular option JFK and am currently working on learning the other popular options (particularly the case study of either Jesus or Elizabeth or Aboriginals or the Crusades), so no matter what your combination, I can tutor you. The project is also one of the most daunting and indeed annoying aspects of this course, which will either make or break your internal mark. I placed 1st in my class by a significant margin, scoring 40/40. I will help you flesh out an original and interesting hypothesis, guide you through research, and critique your essay until we are both confident that it will score full marks. I see too many students who are studying this course without really knowing what they are suppose to write and talk about.

English Ext 1: 48/50 (96%)

Here, my HSC mark was 48.
My option was Crime Fiction. I can help you get a good grip on this slippery topic. I will firstly introduce you to some of the main ideas/strands in the genre, and explain how these relate to your texts, teach you the many forms of the genre (both for identification in texts and employment in your composition), and help you hone your essay-writing style to the high quality required for this course.

Mod History: 95/100 (Top 4%)

Here, my HSC mark was 95. This was one of my favourite subjects and one which I consider myself quite talented at teaching. Particularly, note that my HSC mark was 96 but school raw mark for most research assignments was full marks. I promote a content and strategy based learning and I believe this is the best way to score marks in this course. What I mean by this, is having a thorough knowledge of the content of the course- dates, names and events- combined with a critical essay/exam strategy that closely fits the syllabus dot-points and rubric. The topics I studied were WW1, Germany, Albert Speer (who I share the same birthday with) and Conflict in Europe. Since the end of the HSC I have also studied Russia, the Cold War and Conflict in Asia-pacific to the point where I’m confident to teach these to.

English Advanced: 96/100 (Top 2%)

Here, my HSC mark was 96.
Inner Journeys- My Place and dear Pete.
In the Wild- Emma/Clueless. I can also tutor Brave New World and Blade Runner
Critical Study of Text- Gwen Harwood (But I can also do King Lear)
Module C - Antony and Clitopatra. I can also tutor Birthday Letters (Ted Hughes) and Frontline. I take the technique by technique analysis to literary criticism.

I also have excellent, well-kept range science books and notes for Chemistry and Biology including Excel, Routledge Chemistry (a VERY good book that shows you every mathematical question in Chemistry possible) and a ceaseless supply of past papers and standard packages that I am willing to sell at half price to anything in the store.

My mobile is 0449549148 and email to contact me is u4398412@anu.edu.au.

Hope to tutor you soon!

Last edited:
HSC
holy shit! (pardon my french)

wow, thats pretty impressive, with a regime like that you would be asking for alot.

can i ask, what was your history extension assignment on?

mine is on the the Battle of Little Big Horn, General Custer

HeideggerII

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
holy shit! (pardon my french)

wow, thats pretty impressive, with a regime like that you would be asking for alot.

can i ask, what was your history extension assignment on?

mine is on the the Battle of Little Big Horn, General Custer
Thanks for those kind words.

With General Custer what histriography will you be debating in particular?

Also, my assignment was on the histriographical issues relating to Ronald Reagan:

Analyse how the approaches to historiography have changed between 1990-2005 in the debates pertaining to Ronald Reagan and his legacy.”

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)