+99 UAI Tutor for French, Histories, English (1 Viewer)

sleepplease

HSC
Hi,

I did my HSC in 2008 and got a +99 UAI. I came within the top 5 in the year at NSGHS and came first or second in all my subjects except Ancient History. My HSC results do not reflect the standard of tutoring I can offer. My internal UAI prediction was 99.95 which was not achieved because of a death of a friend, moving out of home, illness and illness of a family member. The standard of tutoring I can offer is very high, and will be tailored to the individual student’s needs.

I will be tutoring Year 11 and Year 12 students in Modern History, French, French Continuers, Extension History and English.

Modern History: The electives I did were Germany and the War in the Pacific but I can teach everyone the core WW1. I have past papers, comprehensive notes, exercises, essay scaffolds etc.

French: I have French reading texts, audio CDs, past listening papers and am currently sitting my French Diploma so I’m highly competent

French Extension: Ditto but I can also guide the student through the text they are studying, show them the most effective way to prepare for the writing and empathy tasks and help them prepare for the oral exam.

Extension History: I studied Queen Elizabeth as my second option but can teach the “What is History” core to everyone. I have comprehensive notes, papers, trial papers from various schools and strategies to maximise your marks in this section.

English: English was my strongest subject. Internally I didn’t lose any marks in English or Ext English until the trials. My assessment mark was none the less 98. I am highly competent at writing, editing and deconstructing texts. Any struggling English student is welcome to email me essays or call for a lesson in deconstructing particular texts and I’ll charge per essay (for editing) or per hour as normal for a lesson.
- can teach comprehension skills
- can guide the studnet through the construction of a creative

HSC marks:
Modern History: 95
Extension History: 48
French: 95
French Extension: 48

Please email me at sophietrevitt@gmail.com or call me on 0458148660 to ask any questions or organise some holiday sessions. Now is a really good time to consolidate and refine your knowledge in the topics you have already completed – or to move ahead with your languages.

My hours are 6:30pm – 10:00 pm on weeknights, any time Sundays, and Saturday afternoons. I charge $30/hr for a lesson which on the student’s request can be 1 or 2 hours in length.

For French and English students I offer an email service where they can email me their work for editing and I charge $15/essay or writing assignment.

For French students I also run phone conversation classes which consist of 20minute phone conversations entirely in French to improve your fluency and listening skills for $10.

I live in Leichardt but am prepared to travel to your home/local library. If however, this takes longer than 20minutes than an additional fee of $5.00 will apply.

Happy New Year and best of luck in 2009!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)