HSC TUTOR STRATHFIELD << 98.8UAI / 95 3UMath / 95 4UMath / 94 Physics >> (1 Viewer)

peterayre

HSC
Hey,

My name is Peter and I attended Homebush Boys Highschool. I have just finished my HSC in 2008. I am currently looking for students for Physics and Maths at any level.

My results in the relevant subjects are noted below, I also achieved a ranking of 1st in physics in my school.

98.8 UAI
95 3u Maths
95 4u Maths
94 Physics

In terms of experience I tutor both individually and in classes. I have been teaching a year12 Physics class at the Hwa Tsang Monastary since january this year.

I like to think of myself as a friendly and approachable individual, I am well spoken and patient with my students. I have a passion for helping people and encourage interaction outside of lesson times (via the internet).

I am currently studying Science (Advanced Maths) @ UNSW

I live in the Strathfield area and would prefer to tutor at Strathfield Library however other arrangements can be made. (I also have easy access to Burwood and Ashfield amongst other areas)

30$/hr for individual tuition across any of my courses offered
15$/hr for small group tuition (2-5 people)

If you feel interested or want more information feel free to contact me via email or IM at peter_ayre@hotmail.com

Thanks!

EDIT: A sample of the notes I use to teach are included below, generally I'll throw in more questions and explain some things on the board (as opposed to included diagrams) where its needed depending on the individual

Last edited:

Pealing

HSC
this looks interesting: Testimonials - What students say about Matrix Teachers and Tutors (scroll down)...lol is that you?

being tutored by someone who themselves got tutoring seems a bit...off

oh, and peter, i'm thinking of doing B Science (Advanced Mathematics) next year, i see you've gone to UNSW, but USYD's is 99.05 and Macquarie's is 98.4, so would it be better going there or going to UNSW(95)? Thx for your advice

peterayre

HSC
Omg lol how did you find that!...
If you just did your HSC you'd know that nearly all students undertaking 4u Maths & Phys/Chem enroll in tuition of some form; it doesn't mean I struggled with the course, it simply means I found my school resources (ie teacher & textbook) insufficient for my studies.

I chose UNSW because I have a personal bias towards that uni.. for my own reasons
From what i gather USYD's science faculty is considered superior to both MAC & NSW

EDIT: for those confused with the comments below they are in regard to someone attacking private tuition, who has now deleted their threads

Last edited:

JustAnotherNE

HSC
回复: Re: HSC TUTOR STRATHFIELD << 98.8UAI / 95 3UMath / 95 4UMath / 94 Physics >>

lol, whats honour and respect gotta do wif getting a tutor? Not being able to help on bos forums doesnt mean that u cant offer help after hsc. and getting tutored doesnt mean that you have to waste a whole heap of money, i paid for my own fees (even thought i didnt turn out too good lol). And yea the video is pretty funny lol, but i dont really think its a bad thing no point in having a go at it. + heaps of my friends(who are currently teaching) attended institutions for extra help during hsc, i dont think thats really a big problem dont you reckon?

icyjai

HSC
pwnage101 ur just one of those vary rare cases
to get such a uai without tutoring
u deserve a medal
u probly had really good teachers as well

sadly, most ppl dont have good teachers for all their subjects
and arent as smart as u

and cmon, as if tuition is a waste of money
if its for ur hsc, its definately worth it.
20 bux an hr is nothing seriously

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
being tutored by someone who themselves got tutoring seems a bit...off
It is very common for people to have had tutoring before to tutor people
It's just passing on the light of knowledge

And to Pwnage101, Peter is simply offering a tutoring service for those who'd like it
You're arguing that tutoring is not necessary
So I don't think it's fair that you specifically attack Peter
How is he any different from me or other people who advertise on BOS?
Be fair and criticise all or don't

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Now that's Bullsh*t
never been tutored in my life
and proud of it

and i know heaps of people who went well without tutoring
notice how Peter said 'nearly all', just because you may be the only few exceptions doesn't make his point invalid.

TUtoring doesn't necessarily make you less of a worthy person, what harm can can it do by simply giving students an easier understanding of the stuff taught in school Some ppl dont have the best teachers in the world
In yr11-12 i didn't learn anything from my teachers because they were really poor at explaining and so my last resort was tutoring as i knew this would be a wise investment for my HSC.

i do commend your efforts.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
my highest recommendations for peter; he knows his maths and physics amazingly well and will endeavour to make you understand and apply information rather than simply memorise it.

also, shithead kids gtfo of pete's thread. if you're stupid enough to pass up his tutoring then navigate elsewhere, like the UWS forums...

~<3

etre_yas2

HSC
Hi peter

congrats on ur excellent results.
Im just curious about ur marks and UAI since i got less than you in all the marks u listed but i got a higher UAI! How weird is that??

I will never get this UAI system!

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Hi peter

congrats on ur excellent results.
Im just curious about ur marks and UAI since i got less than you in all the marks u listed but i got a higher UAI! How weird is that??

I will never get this UAI system!
uh, he's only given you marks in 6 units worth of subjects, so unless you know his other 4 units and how he went in them, then you sorta cant say that...

etre_yas2

HSC
yea i know but what i meant is that 95 for 4U and 3U is reallyy good and it would scale heaps and stuff. but yea i guess it depends on other subjects too. :)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
You must've done really well in your English as it is a huge factor for UAI calculation

peterayre

HSC
my other subjs were:
english adv (int 86 ext 91) 89
software int(90 ext91) 91
my problem was the scaling on software sucks, if you check it out 91 in software is equal to about 80 in chemistry, if i had a band6 in chem instead of software my uai would be closer to 99.3/4 :(
what can you do :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)