***FIRST LESSON FREE!*** 2/3/4 unit MATHS and PHYSICS HSC TUTORING [PARAMATTA AREA] (1 Viewer)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
*FIRST LESSON FREE!* 2/3/4 unit MATHS, PHYSICS, ENG HSC TUITION PARRA/HILLS/FAIRFIELD

Hi guys
My name is Clinton Colaco and I have recently graduated from the selective school Girraween High School (ranked 24th in State) in 2009. For HSC 2010 students I will be offering Chemistry, Ancient History, English and Mathematics (up to Extension 2) tuition. My 2009 ATAR was 98.90. I will be studying Pharmacy at Sydney University this year.

About the subjects I will be tutoring.

MATHEMATICS AND MATHEMATICS EXTENSION 1/2

• HSC marks of 95 in MX1 and 92 in MX2 (93 in actual exam)
  • Achieved a raw mark of 81/84 for the Girraween MX1 trial.
  • I have got plenty of resources available including above 100 past papers with full solutions from schools like James Ruse, Sydney Boys and Sydney Grammer.
  • I have aided many people in my grade with their problems outside of school time on a regular basis so I have some experience in tutoring this subject.
  • My approach: I'd probably try to gauge what kind of level you are at if you are not sure. If you feel you are competent at maths well then I will try and stay away from teaching you the subject (as this will simply waste your time). I would focus more on exam technique and familiarising you with how questions appear in the exam. If you feel that you are not as confident with all concepts amongst some of the topics, I will be more than happy to teach you aspects of the course and then move towards exam technique. If I feel it is necessary, I might set a small amount of homework but that is up to you whether you want to do it or not.
  • I am willing to teach students not only sitting their HSC in 2010 but other years as well such as 7-10.

PHYSICS

• Internally ranked 15/55
  • I have plenty of resources including 30+ papers from selective and highly ranked private high schools all with full solutions.
  • I have written my own comprehensive summaries for each of the 4 modules I have studied. They have been made with the aid of Jacaranda Physics, Physics Contexts, Dotpoint, Excel. These notes have also been thoroughly checked by a person who came first in the state and my class teacher so I can assure you that they are accurate.
  • Many students find Physics challenging purely because they feel this subject is like another science or a history where you must cram every bit of information you know. This is not true, YOU MUST UNDERSTAND the concepts to be able to apply it. In teaching this subject, I will apply many examples to supplement your learning as well as diagrams, both of which I feel are important to entirely grasping this subject. I will also focus on exam technique.
  • My option was Medical Physics.

ENGLISH

• HSC mark of 91
  • I have plenty of resources from selective and highly ranked private high schools. These range from past papers to notes/essays on different texts/modules.
  • Whilst there are many english texts out there for both english advanced and english standard, I believe that essay writing is still a core part of each module. This has been a particular strength of mine which has enabled me to receive an A (13+/15 or 17+/20) in all the modules I have completed throughout my HSC year.
  • My texts were Blade Runner/Frankenstein, Poetry by Kenneth Slessor, Julius Caesar and Romulus My Father.
  • If you are studying other texts other than the ones mentioned above, please still contact me as I have studied many of the HSC prescribed texts in my junior years.
  • Some of things I can provide you includes essay refining, structuring points into an essay and deconstructing a text.

Why choose me?

• I know what you're going through! Don't forget not that long ago, I was exactly in your position. Teacher's to some extent do not understand the true meaning behind this.
  • I have achieved many things during my HSC year but I have also made plenty of mistakes and witnessed others make crucial mistakes. By sharing these mistakes, tuition with me will ensure you MAXIMISE YOUR MARKS and ensure you EXCEL.
  • I am very FLEXIBLE in my approach to tuition, addressing your strengths and weaknesses. It doesn't matter whether you’re a student struggling to cope with a course or one who wishes to excel. I can ensure you can SUCCEED.
  • I have got the resources. Hundreds of past papers with FULL SOLUTIONS and many more without.

Important details:

• Tuition will be held at my house in Greystanes near Parramatta. I am however willing to meet people at local libraries including Merrylands and Parramatta. I may be able to travel but send me a pm or email (see below for contact details). Also, since I will be at Sydney Uni from Monday to Friday, I am also willing to tutor students there if they can meet me in the library. Please inquire more about this.
  • Since I am free for the next few months, I am willing to tutor any day.
  • I feel tuition should be about 1.5 hours in length and 2hrs at the longest. However if you feel that it should be longer or shorter, let me know, i’m flexible.
  • For group sessions (no more than 5 people), I will be charging $25/hr otherwise it will be $30 for single sessions.

I understand that having a tuition session for the first time is a learning experience for both the student and the tutor. Therefore, as a special offer, the first half hour of tuition will be free. I will essentially introduce myself and get to know you a bit more. The only condition is that for the first lesson, it must be conducted at my house in Greystanes. Note you must also specify this promotion prior to the confirmed lesson day.

Other Subjects:

• I completed HSC chemistry and received a band 6 in the external exam. I feel I am quite competent in the subject and throughly enjoyed it. I have a set of comprehensive notes that were made from a variety of the major textbooks as well as previous state rankers notes. I have plenty of resources so please enquire!
  • Having also completed HSC Ancient History, I am able to offer tuition however considering all the options available, tuition may be limited. Apart from the core topic, I did Sparta, Tiberius Gracchus and Political Revolution in Rome 133-78 BC. I received a final mark of 94 but 96 in the HSC EXAM. Contact me for more about how I can assist you.

For all inquiries, either PM me or contact me through email on clinton.colaco@gmail.com.

If you have any help related questions to any of the subjects I have completed, feel free to contact me. I will try and answer them to the best of my ability. :D

Last edited:

Kamal15

HSC
Re: ***FIRST LESSON FREE!*** 2/3/4 unit MATHS and PHYSICS HSC TUTORING [PARAMATTA ARE

HEYA CLIINNNTTTT
hows ya been man

OK firstly guys i cannot recommend this guy strongly enough for maths. I sat next to him for the whole year for 4unit and 3 unit and his perseverance, commitment and down right aptitude for the subject was incredible. I couldnt believe his commitment. When there was a question all of us would give up on he wouldnt. He'd push on and make sure he got the answer and then explained it to us in an easy manner. You won't regret his help and he wont let you down. I can assure you he will make your time worthwhile.

PLUS his passion for maths is only surpassed by his passion to collect resources which he has loads of...
enough to sink a ship.
He tried to get them to us during the HSC but there was no way we could do all of em, so make use of the quality here guys

kamal:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Re: ***FIRST LESSON FREE!*** 2/3/4 unit MATHS and PHYSICS HSC TUTORING [PARAMATTA ARE

This guy knows his stuff, i recommend him :)

Rextu

HSC

His ranks looks dodgy, but would you rather a math freak who cant talk or someone whos willing to communicate with you? Clint here is a good communicator alright... and his story in English, A Pointless Passion was just... amazing in its impact on the class.

I recommend him ;)

wowies08

HSC

Pointless Passion!!!
Greatest.Moment.In.English.EVER.
Y'know a guy's great when he can turn English into one of the more enjoyable subjects.

But since he's offering more for the other subjects, lets talk maths instead!
This guy works his comparatively tiny (he's only 3ft tall or something? =p) heart out.
I wont be short...sighted enough to not acknowledge his prowess in maths. He done the entire course ten times over, back to front, inside out...and this was all while we were still in our first term of year 12.
IMO he's spent more time with maths than with all the girls he's dated (which is saying quite a bit!!!).
As for physics, just like the above...he knows his stuff. I can guarantee he knows it better than most people.

You won't go wrong with him. :) :)

Last edited:

Kamal15

HSC

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
love the short jokes
but seriusly clint is gun

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

I played cricket with this gentleman in under 10's! Fine team character, will surely help you out to the best of his ability.

Highly recommended!

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

Cheers guys

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Intelligent, friendly and motivated, he is such a good person to talk to. I am sure he will try his best to improve your marks throughout HSC.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

Cheers namu!

extra123

HSC

clinton is very passionate when it comes to physics and especially mathematics. during the year, he explained to me some of the difficult aspects of these courses and gave me access to his invaluable materials such as test papers and notes. a very friendly guy, i have no hesitation in saying he is a genuine, honest person who will most certainly elevate your success in 2010.

HSC

I can say that he is highly knowledgeable and passionate of what he has to offer :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

Clinton is the shit at tutoring. He's helped me quite a bit with Maths over the past year, and saved my ass for the Physics trials (no joke, without him I would've lost 2-5 marks which is a big difference in ranking). I highly recommend him to future HSC 2010ers. And look out ladies, he's very good looking (I'd tap that) ;).

HSC

Clinton is the shit at tutoring. He's helped me quite a bit with Maths over the past year, and saved my ass for the Physics trials (no joke, without him I would've lost 2-5 marks which is a big difference in ranking). I highly recommend him to future HSC 2010ers. And look out ladies, he's very good looking (I'd tap that) ;).
haha XD, he's definitely a stud :p

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

haha XD, he's definitely a stud :p
LOL im keeping tutoring professional!

Keep the emails coming guy, places filling fast. Don't miss out!

zaefr

HSC

lmao i'll vouch for clinton too, he's helped out numerous times on MSN with english and occasionally maths.

also been to tuition with him a few times and he's a bright motivated guy ^^ though i remember one time when he asked for a "cheltenham girls paper", and he conveniently forgot to say "paper" :D

ok i'll stop rambling. in short i would definitely recommend him for tutoring. you wont have any regrets!

gurmies

Drover
HSC

Definitely has proven his worth/expertise on these fora, highly recommended.

riel

HSC

for english did you do stand, or gen?

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

lmao i'll vouch for clinton too, he's helped out numerous times on MSN with english and occasionally maths.

also been to tuition with him a few times and he's a bright motivated guy ^^ though i remember one time when he asked for a "cheltenham girls paper", and he conveniently forgot to say "paper" :D

ok i'll stop rambling. in short i would definitely recommend him for tutoring. you wont have any regrets!
LOL I remember that. I can't believe you heard that though!

Thanks Gurmies.

Riel, I've replied to your email. For everyone else, I have completed English Advanced. That being said, I'm more than happy to tutor English Standard as I have previously studied many of the prescribed texts.

laila09

HSC

What was the english writing about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)