Looking for a tutor? CLICK HERE. (1 Viewer)

iresistance

HSC
Hello!

My name is Andrew and I am currently a Combined Law/Arts student at the University of New South Wales.

I am currently studying English Literature, International Relations/Economics, History and Philosophy as part of my Arts degree, and Foundations of Law and Criminal Law as part of my Law degree.

I achieved a State Rank in the Studies of Religion II HSC course, and was further listed as an All-Rounder.

Why is tuition in the HSC important?

I believe that two key points need to be stressed when answering this question and they are:

1. In a classroom environment, students do not receive personalised one-on-one attention, and hence it may be difficult to find solutions to the problems they are experiencing within a subject.
  2. The idea of timetabling in high school does not provide teachers with enough time to cover the course in its entirety, and hence tutoring acts a gap-filler, ensuring that the student has a holistic understanding of the subject, conceptually and practically.

What is my approach to tutoring?

I have a variety of approaches to tutoring, depending on the student and the problems they are experiencing, as well as the subject being covered. On a general note, however, my approach to tutoring is reflected in the four points that follow:

1. Syllabus based learning: This ensures that the student is being taught HSC material and furthermore does not come across examination questions which may strike them as unreasonable or difficult. The syllabus is the Bible for your set subject, and is a handy guide when writing notes and answering questions.
  2. Note-making: This ensures that the notes which the student is making is not missing any important information, and hence ensures that the student has a complete understanding of the set topic. Notes will also be provided by me for the subjects that I tutor, and as I go through the topics with you, you can add to them.
  3. Providing secondary material (textbooks, worksheets, past school exams, sample answers, journal articles...): This will enable the student to go home and read more about a given topic, from a variety of sources, ensuring they are confident with the topic being covered and have a holistic understanding of the subject come the HSC.
  4. Completing past HSC papers: This ensures that the student is able to be more comfortable when in an exam situation, knowing that they practised past HSC papers and have an upper-hand on students who have not. It helps with controlling anxiety in exam-blocks and definitely acts as an indicator, identifying where the student needs more attention.

Where will tutoring take place and what is the price?

Tutoring will take place at the following libraries:

• Wetherill Park
  • Bonnyrigg
  • Fairfield
  • Cabramatta
  • Liverpool
However, seeing as though I am studying at Kensington, I may be able to tutor in the surrounding suburbs of this area as well or at the UNSW Library or some where quiet on campus. If you prefer this, or have any other locations you need tutoring at (private residence for example), please enquire by email (provided below) and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

In terms of the price for tutoring. This depends on whether it is individual or group based tutoring. Generally, the prices are as follow:

• Privatised one-on-one tutoring: $25-30 per hour (depending on travel arrangements) or $45 for 2 hours.
  • Group based tutoring (2-3 students): $15-20 per hour (depending on travel arrangements).
  • Workshop: Depends on the subject being tutored. This will span for 3 days for most subjects; one day, for each topic in a set subject.

What subjects will I be tutoring?

• English Advanced
  • English Extension 1
  • English Extension 2
  • Ancient History
  • Modern History
  • History Extension
  • Biology
  • Economics
  • Legal Studies
  • Society and Culture*
  • Studies of Religion I and II
*I am completing units at university which lend themselves greatly to the course material in this subject. I am also well versed in the topics covered in this course, through wide-reading.

How can I be contacted?

Please feel free to send me an email at hsc.exam.workshop@gmail.com or you can private message me using this website. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)