Maths (2u, 3u, 4u), Biology, Physics, Chemistry Tutoring - BURWOOD/USYD (1 Viewer)

daesol

HSC
Brief Intro:

Hello, my name's Daesol - I graduated from Fort Street High (Petersham, selective) in 2009, and completed a Biomedical Engineering degree at Sydney University.

I am offering private tutoring for:
HSC/prelim Maths (2u, 3u, 4u)
HSC/prelim Biology (option: Genetics The Code
HSC/prelim Physics (option: Quanta to Quarks)
HSC/prelim Chemistry (option: Forensic Chemistry)

And also for IB (SL/HL) Math, Biology, Physics, Chemistry.

*I do NOT offer tutoring for any other subjects apart from those mentioned above and also do not offer (or believe in) tertiary level tutoring.

Credentials:

I have taught over 50 students over the past 6.5 years and have 2500+ hours of experience in private tutoring.

ATAR (2009) of 99.50.

Premier's Award for All-Round Excellence for all 12 units undertaken.
First Class Honours graduate at university.
USYD Access scholarship recipient (throughout the entirety of my degree)

HSC marks:
English Advanced - 91 (93 external exam mark)
Maths Extension 1 - 96
Maths Extension 2 - 94 (internal raw marks of 98, 93, 90, 85)
Biology - 94 (1st overall at Fort Street)
Chemistry - 90
Physics - 93

Rate: $50/hr

I can drive to your place (if you live in Sydney's Inner West).
You can come to me (my place near Burwood).

Please email me (not PM or post here) for enquiries/questions: daesollee[at]gmail.com
I usually respond within 24 hours.

10 reasons why I should tutor you.

1.) I communicate effectively. I acknowledge that I did not obtain the highest possible academic results. However, I believe one's ability to communicate clearly in a digestible format is the most important quality a tutor can possess. My years of experience with a diverse variety of students, and copious work experience in training/facilitation has allowed me to build astute competence in this most essential tutoring skill.

2.) I'm flexible. Set your own pace.
Schools and tuition colleges may set rigid expectations and often cannot cater for everyone's differences in learning styles/pace. Skip what you already know and focus on what you need/want to know.

3.) I have extensive resources (past papers, written notes, textbooks, pdf files) for all subjects.
Around 400 4u papers, 500 3u papers, 300 2u papers, 150 physics papers, 130 chem papers, 80 bio papers, and many popular textbooks as pdf files. Students will be provided with all of my electronic resources (including my english essays) on day one.

4.) I'm (still) fresh. Indeed, experienced (20 years+ experience) teachers have superior knowledge over recent graduates. But many teachers struggle to explain certain concepts in a way for students to understand. We've all been there. Having gone through these states of confusion myself, I mastered ways to provide very simple, bite-sized pieces of knowledge to students.

5.) I know that you want to make the most out of your time, effort & money. Isn't that why you're reading this?
Many will find that most tuition colleges (especially those with classes of more than 5) don't provide you the best learning opportunities and human resources. 1 on 1 private tutoring is different story.

6.) I'm dedicated and I care. In addition to helping you with your school marks, I can also give general advice on problems you may encounter during your senior years. Stress, time management and motivation are universal problems that everyone must overcome. In fact, it is often these individual/personal issues that are bottlenecks to students' success.

7.) I have university level knowledge for all subjects I offer tutoring for - all sciences and all levels of mathematics. Put simply, I know my stuff.

8.) As aforementioned I can accelerate you ahead of school. Such practice is very common in top-ranked schools. Teachers hate it; but I encourage my students to pay attention at school even if I have covered everything with them.

9.) I'm reliable. You can expect these minimums from me: prompt responses in communication, never late, and rarely cancel/rearrange lessons.

10.) I understand that studying gets boring . I strive try to make my lessons more enjoyable and as interesting as possible. This is because I know that work becomes much easier and productive if you enjoy it.

Again, please email me: daesollee[at]gmail.com for enquires or questions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)