99.95 ATAR, 99 Ext1 Maths, 98 Ext 2 Maths Tutoring - @ UNSW or Granville Region (1 Viewer)

xV1P3R

HSC
Hey everyone,

My name is Victor and I am currently doing a combined Commerce/ Science (Advanced Mathematics) degree at UNSW, majoring in Actuarial Studies. With my experience in doing the HSC, I can teach you the proper exam techniques and setting out required to improve your marks in Mathematics and Physics to hopefully get you into your dream course.In terms of Mathematics Extension 1 and 2, the extra skills and techniques I have picked up in my university studies will definitely enable me to explain difficult concepts in many different ways so that you truly understand them. I am also a peer support leader in Mathematics for 1st year students, so I have been able to develop my skills to better communicate teaching material. I am concerned about my students' performance and will mould my teaching style to suit them and am always happy to answer any of their queries even outside of the lesson, so I hope you will take these things into consideration.

Cheers

Credentials
I graduated in 2010 from James Ruse with an ATAR of 99.95.
Below are my marks:

Position on Dean's List for Science (Top 50 students) and Business (Top 5%) for 2011.

What?
Tutoring for:
Years 11 and 12 (and 10 if you’re keen on getting a head start on preliminary/HSC material)
Physics
Mathematics (Advanced, Extension 1 & 2 students)
I'm always happy to answer any questions via email or MSN.

Where?
At my place of residence in Guildford.
Price
$40 / hour
For groups of 2 +
$25 / hour
Contact details
Email me at – victor.w@live.com.au
Or send me a message on BOS.
Thanks for reading, and best of luck in your studies!

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Very impressive ATAR and reasonable rates. Good luck.

blackops23

HSC
$40 an hour reasonable? I must be in the bottom 1% in Sydney in terms of wealth.

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
It is sort of reasonable given the marks.

But why do you even care, you hsc students go for the higher price anyway, so why are you complaining about his price. I tried $20/hr or $25/hr and did freebies and you guys didnt want it

blackops23

HSC
It is sort of reasonable given the marks.

But why do you even care, you hsc students go for the higher price anyway, so why are you complaining about his price. I tried $20/hr or $25/hr and did freebies and you guys didnt want it
'you hsc students go for higher price anyway'??? i don't even think i could do $30/hr, yet you are stereotyping me as going to more expensive places? I don't EVEN go tutoring, sorry to burst your bubble... Also name ONE tutoring centre that requires OVER $30-35 hr.

James Ann: $28/hr
Truong: don't know but ~ $25-30/hr
MAtrix: don't know but probably fuuarrrkin expensive...

So stop complaining mate, also who the heck would want to be tutored by you depsite your vast mathetmatical knowledge

piss off ass wipe, i don't even think i could do $30/hr, yet you are stereotyping me as going to more expensive places? I don't go tutoring dumb fuck. Also name ONE tutoring centre that requires OVER $30-35 hr.

So stop complaining mate, also who the heck would want to be tutored by you depsite your vast mathetmatical knowledge

Also yes @VIPER I suppose with those ridiculous marks, you are worth a bit more, even then IMO $40 is a little too much...

Also, sheesh, I wish I had heard about your free Chemistry help... otherwise I could have utilised it and would not have been forced to drop... (haven't dropped yet but must do it by next term --> right now I'm a BAND 2 student for Chem... D=)

Last edited:

blackops23

HSC
'you hsc students go for higher price anyway'??? i don't even think i could do $30/hr, yet you are stereotyping me as going to more expensive places? I don't EVEN go tutoring, sorry to burst your bubble... Also name ONE tutoring centre that requires OVER $30-35 hr.

Also yes @VIPER I suppose with those ridiculous marks, you are worth a bit more, even then IMO $40 is a little too much...

Also, sheesh, I wish I had heard about your free Chemistry help... otherwise I could have utilised it and would not have been forced to drop... (haven't dropped yet but must do it by next term --> right now I'm a BAND 2 student for Chem... D=)

SIDE QUESTION: What do they feed James Ruse kids at their canteen?

L

laplace251

lol god knows why you keep quoting yourself.

But think about it blackops, yes these tutoring places cost about $30/hr but that is for you to be in a class with like 10-15 others, and you are following their plan , there is absolutely no flexiability, you dont go over the topic you are currently doing in high school, you do what they do when they do it!, which is kinda useless most of the time ( because your school test are only going to cover stuff you have done at school! ) . So though they might be the same ( or slightly higher priced ) you are not really getting alot extra, you are definately not getting one on one, its more like 10 other people you have to compete with to ask questions.

Do the math, they charge $30/hr, but get 10 people in one go, so the tutoring comapny makes $300 from one hour. Whereas the private tutor gives you alot more useful advice/tricks and gives you personal attention to make sure you understand it.

Even the tutoring company was less , say charged $20/hr , you should still think about it, you are not getting one on one attention and the reason why the tutoring company can afford to go less than a private tutor is because they put multiple people in one class at a time , so while they make $5/hr less per person they still make alot more altogether because they get alot more students.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackops23

HSC
lol god knows why you keep quoting yourself.

But think about it blackops, yes these tutoring places cost about $30/hr but that is for you to be in a class with like 10-15 others, and you are following their plan , there is absolutely no flexiability, you dont go over the topic you are currently doing in high school, you do what they do when they do it!, which is kinda useless most of the time ( because your school test are only going to cover stuff you have done at school! ) . So though they might be the same ( or slightly higher priced ) you are not really getting alot extra, you are definately not getting one on one, its more like 10 other people you have to compete with to ask questions.

Do the math, they charge $30/hr, but get 10 people in one go, so the tutoring comapny makes $300 from one hour. Whereas the private tutor gives you alot more useful advice/tricks and gives you personal attention to make sure you understand it
err... i don't know why...

say... my old private tutor was really damn good... but I was only paying him $20/hr... 6 weeks later I got dumped D=. He got 98 in ext1/2 maths. i'm supposing $20/hr is too cheap for that sort of quality of high level tutoring??? And indeed that tutoring really payed off, thanks to him I found my 3U/4U exams... wait for it... easy... something that hasn't been associated with a maths exam since yr 9/10. We even got a 2001 question 8 inequalities question --> too damn easy... So what's the average price for a high quality private tutor that got 95+ in ext1/2 maths?

Last edited:
L

laplace251

err... i don't know why...

say... my old private tutor was really damn good... but I was only paying him $20/hr... 6 weeks later I got dumped D=. He got 98 in ext1/2 maths. i'm supposing $20/hr is too cheap for that sort of quality of high level tutoring??? And indeed that tutoring really payed off, thanks to him I found my 3U/4U exams... wait for it... easy... something that hasn't been associated with a maths exam since yr 9/10. We even got a 2001 question 8 inequalities question --> too damn easy... So what's the average price for a high quality private tutor that got 95+ in ext1/2 maths?
Guy doesnt seem so smart if he was doing it for only $20/hr, and then he gave it up because of uni.

But yeh, just consider why the tutoring comapnies are cheaper than private tutors. Your cost is being spread over 15 other people , and your help is being spread over 15 others. They have economies of scale, they can afford to have a lower price than a private tutor because they get alot more sales ( and why do they get more sales you ask? , because they have slightly cheaper/ same price as private tutors), and when a person sees a tutoring company with the exact same price ( or slightly less ) as a private tutor then they seem to go for the tutor company because they have written notes, but the fact of the matter is, in a subject like maths notes will do very little for you , a good private tutor with lots of knowledge and tips and tricks will get you further than a tutoring companies' notes anyday.

Tutoring companies are not personalised, your teacher wont know your name, its much more awkward to ask quesstions and harder to ask questions in general, you get no out of class hours support ( If I ever did/do get anyone , which is very unlikely now, I would have encouraged them to email me questions anytime ) you dont get this from tutoring companies. Also , expanding on the previous point about no flexiability, there is no room nfor you to ask questions from previous weeks stuff, each week is a new topic! , whereas a private tutor would usually be very flexiable and happy to go over anything at anytime.

So look at the "real" cost of these tutoring companies , are you really getting more than you would from a private tutor at the same price? I would think not.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
aaaaahhahahahaha

blackops23

HSC
Guy doesnt seem so smart if he was doing it for only $20/hr, and then he gave it up because of uni.

But yeh, just consider why the tutoring comapnies are cheaper than private tutors. Your cost is being spread over 15 other people , and your help is being spread over 15 others. They have economies of scale, they can afford to have a lower price than a private tutor because they get alot more sales ( and why do they get more sales you ask? , because they have slightly cheaper/ same price as private tutors), and when a person sees a tutoring company with the exact same price ( or slightly less ) as a private tutor then they seem to go for the tutor company because they have written notes, but the fact of the matter is, in a subject like maths notes will do very little for you , a good private tutor with lots of knowledge and tips and tricks will get you further than a tutoring companies' notes anyday.

Tutoring companies are not personalised, your teacher wont know your name, its much more awkward to ask quesstions and harder to ask questions in general, you get no out of class hours support ( If I ever did/do get anyone , which is very unlikely now, I would have encouraged them to email me questions anytime ) you dont get this from tutoring companies. Also , expanding on the previous point about no flexiability, there is no room nfor you to ask questions from previous weeks stuff, each week is a new topic! , whereas a private tutor would usually be very flexiable and happy to go over anything at anytime.

So look at the "real" cost of these tutoring companies , are you really getting more than you would from a private tutor at the same price? I would think not.
so... basically to get a good private tutor... you have to be a rich ****. I'm screwed.

Genius102

Banned
HSC
N/A
so... basically to get a good private tutor... you have to be a rich ****. I'm screwed.
Well, you could have got me for $20/hr in the christmas hollidays and freebies etc. but decided not. I would have been better than the other noob guy you got :p

Also I am getting rather sick of those asshole moderators that continue to ban my accounts, mainly harrisony, absolutezero and Azure. But Azure more than often these days.

Little cunt obviously needs to be taught a lesson about not abusing power because they are moderators, that little asshole is lucky he can laugh and do his "Bye : D " bullshit as the "reason" when he permenantly bans my accounts. He better hope I dont find out anything about him because if I ever figure out who is and where he is I might come over and give him a little beating to get him back in line.

Pick up the asshole by his shirt collar with one hand so the little turd cant move, then feed him a few punches with the other hand, then drop him on the ground on his head and then take a shit on him. Azure wont be laughing then the smartass dickhead.

Last edited:

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
Well, you could have got me for $20/hr in the christmas hollidays and freebies etc. but decided not. I would have been better than the other noob guy you got :p

Also I am getting rather sick of those asshole moderators that continue to ban my accounts, mainly harrisony, absolutezero and Azure. But Azure more than often these days.

Little cunt obviously needs to be taught a lesson about not abusing power because they are moderators, that little asshole is lucky he can laugh and do his "Bye : D " bullshit as the "reason" when he permenantly bans my accounts. He better hope I dont find out anything about him because if I ever figure out who is and where he is I might come over and give him a little beating to get him back in line.

Pick up the asshole by his shirt collar with one hand so the little turd cant move, then feed him a few punches with the other hand, then drop him on the ground on his head and then take a shit on him. Azure wont be laughing then the smartass dickhead.
Azure has huge biceps and would crush you.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

AAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

azure is buff irl, ive seen his biceps. they are confirmed huge. you dont stand a chance

Genius102

Banned
HSC
N/A
Azure has huge biceps and would crush you.
no he doesnt, you are just making that up u dumb fuck, how would you even know.

You're just a dumb cunt that has everything written backwards, god you're a fuking retard !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)