Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Experienced & Affordable ENG ADV (96) tutoring | Attached is my technique list

HSC
    N/A

Re: Experienced & Affordable ENG ADV (96) tutoring | Attached is my technique list

Unlike many other tutors, Aparajitt is genuinely passionate about English and this definitely shows in his teaching. This guy has read every single HSC text so he knew exactly what I had written about point for point & in turn he was able to help me strengthen my essays with unique quotes/analysis (some of which he knew so well he told me off the top of his head- amazing). He doesn't just tell you " ye this isn't too good" like many other tutors/teachers but shows you how, why & what else could be said.

Considering he has read every text, he also has essays for every text. Seeing samples of what a good essay should look like really helped me in terms of structure & key concepts to include for mine.

Without him, I would not have been able to achieve a band 6 for adv eng. This guy is extremely talented & definitely worth it.

HSC
    N/A

Re: Experienced & Affordable ENG ADV (96) tutoring | Attached is my technique list

Quote Originally Posted by dxvx View Post
    Unlike many other tutors, Aparajitt is genuinely passionate about English and this definitely shows in his teaching. This guy has read every single HSC text so he knew exactly what I had written about point for point & in turn he was able to help me strengthen my essays with unique quotes/analysis (some of which he knew so well he told me off the top of his head- amazing). He doesn't just tell you " ye this isn't too good" like many other tutors/teachers but shows you how, why & what else could be said.

Considering he has read every text, he also has essays for every text. Seeing samples of what a good essay should look like really helped me in terms of structure & key concepts to include for mine.

Without him, I would not have been able to achieve a band 6 for adv eng. This guy is extremely talented & definitely worth it.
    Thanks. I hope you had a merry Christmas and I wish you the best of luck with uni.
    -Experienced English tutor (96)

-Currently accepting students, if interested click HERE

-Also offering free English lectures

HSC

Roy is the only reason I was able to improve from an estimated mark of 75 in year 11 to a HSC mark of 93.

I've been to a lot of other tutors and colleges, each for an adequate amount of time allowing me to conclude that Roy's tutoring was far superior.
    English was my weakest subject, and I honestly had lost all hope (so did my teachers). My attitude towards studying for it was quite poor - "I'll just memorize quotes/write a practice essay and hope for the best"

Roy's critique and feedback greatly improved my essays and ability to answer questions as they were explained in a simple and logical manner. Despite being from a top 30 selective school, my teachers would write at most 2 paragraphs of generalized feedback. Roy however was able to critique and improve my work on the macro scale (equivalent approach to both texts, coherent flow of ideas) and the micro scale ( sentence by sentence, word choice, restructuring phrases).

Furthermore, classes were FUN. As irrelevant and unimportant you may think this is, Roy was able to keep me engaged and I found classes to be enjoyable - something I thought was impossible for English. Ill admit it, during my HSC all I really wanted was a good mark - but Roy allowed me to UNDERSTAND exactly what was being said, what needed to be done and why.
    Class was enjoyable and I understood everything due to Roys logical and simple advice.

One downside you are bound to see is that sometimes classes get delayed (10 minutes late or moved to the next day). IMHO this isn't an issue at all considering everything above and that Roy will undoubtedly give you adequate time per week.

If you bothered reading all this, take my honest opinion for it. It wont be long before you realise that it was worth it

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SammyT123 View Post
    Roy is the only reason I was able to improve from an estimated mark of 75 in year 11 to a HSC mark of 93.

I've been to a lot of other tutors and colleges, each for an adequate amount of time allowing me to conclude that Roy's tutoring was far superior.
    English was my weakest subject, and I honestly had lost all hope (so did my teachers). My attitude towards studying for it was quite poor - "I'll just memorize quotes/write a practice essay and hope for the best"

Roy's critique and feedback greatly improved my essays and ability to answer questions as they were explained in a simple and logical manner. Despite being from a top 30 selective school, my teachers would write at most 2 paragraphs of generalized feedback. Roy however was able to critique and improve my work on the macro scale (equivalent approach to both texts, coherent flow of ideas) and the micro scale ( sentence by sentence, word choice, restructuring phrases).

Furthermore, classes were FUN. As irrelevant and unimportant you may think this is, Roy was able to keep me engaged and I found classes to be enjoyable - something I thought was impossible for English. Ill admit it, during my HSC all I really wanted was a good mark - but Roy allowed me to UNDERSTAND exactly what was being said, what needed to be done and why.
    Class was enjoyable and I understood everything due to Roys logical and simple advice.

One downside you are bound to see is that sometimes classes get delayed (10 minutes late or moved to the next day). IMHO this isn't an issue at all considering everything above and that Roy will undoubtedly give you adequate time per week.

If you bothered reading all this, take my honest opinion for it. It wont be long before you realise that it was worth it
    Thanks Sam. Hope you enjoy your holidays and good luck with uni studies.

HSC

I've been to many tutoring colleges but I was in need of 1:1 tutoring due to consistent sub-standard essays so I reached out to Roy. His response was very fast and we were able to organise a lesson very quickly. Roy has given me great insight into writing essays and also gives very helpful constructive criticism about essay structure. His aim to rapidly build essential skills before jumping into content has shown me my areas of weakness and has allowed me to formulate a study plan without resorting to rote-learning.

Most importantly, I was able to absorb large amounts of information without feeling bored as they were delivered in clear, simple and coherent explanations steering clear of any "unnecessary fluff". Some may not think this is a major factor but I think that enjoyable lessons greatly enhance information retention.

I could not continue doing lessons with Roy due to travel issues. However, those who are able to accomodate should really consider him. I know you won't regret the choice.
    2016 HSC (Accelerated)

Maths 2U: 95

2017 HSC

Maths 4U, Maths 3U, Physics, IPT, English(Advanced)

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNG View Post
    I've been to many tutoring colleges but I was in need of 1:1 tutoring due to consistent sub-standard essays so I reached out to Roy. His response was very fast and we were able to organise a lesson very quickly. Roy has given me great insight into writing essays and also gives very helpful constructive criticism about essay structure. His aim to rapidly build essential skills before jumping into content has shown me my areas of weakness and has allowed me to formulate a study plan without resorting to rote-learning.

Most importantly, I was able to absorb large amounts of information without feeling bored as they were delivered in clear, simple and coherent explanations steering clear of any "unnecessary fluff". Some may not think this is a major factor but I think that enjoyable lessons greatly enhance information retention.

I could not continue doing lessons with Roy due to travel issues. However, those who are able to accomodate should really consider him. I know you won't regret the choice.
    I'm happy to hear that you found the lesson enjoyable. If you do need any advice or help or need an essay reviewed, feel free to message me. Other than that, take care and good luck with your studies.

HSC
    N/A

Bump

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information