japanese study (1 Viewer)

otkao1

Hi, I am currently studying Japanese con + ext 2004.
I just wanted to see what the rest of the 04's are doing in their classes. I am a bit worried that my school is a bit behind in what they teach us so what kind of grammar forms, text books and text types do you guys do? and are your teachers japanese?

yay

at my school we r using the mirai textbook... my teacher personally doesnt like the common wakatta one...
i think im behind in jap aswelll.... the last grammar item we did was while (nagara)
seriously i think we r behind i dunno

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
mirai is nice and fun although ive never really used the wakatta textbook. if you guys have any questions just ask

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Wakatta was very good, though the textbook isn't nearly as important as the teaching. Make sure you understand your work, as it all builds up (always remember that language is cumulative like maths).

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
Originally posted by yay
at my school we r using the mirai textbook... my teacher personally doesnt like the common wakatta one...
i think im behind in jap aswelll.... the last grammar item we did was while (nagara)
seriously i think we r behind i dunno
my teacher uses all type combine even mirai..but mainly we uses
wakatta and it hink it's good..but i guess it all vaires depending on what you are used to.. we passed nagara..
it hink using all type of text book is good because usually there's section where you get whats in another book rather than the ones you are using at certain topic..
yea Japanese kinda need constant revising and needs a lot of focuses..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
One of my (three) teachers is a personal friend of the author of Wakatta, so we got some useful perks (like her marking some of our practice work etc). Can't remember her name though.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
masumi sorrell, the other guy is mr jeffrays and i don't know his first name

otkao1

okay, thanks guys, what sort of stuff does your teacher tell you to do to practice listeing?

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I s'pose, as an exercise, try talking in jap to friends doing jap. Think in jap when you try to iterate something at this time.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, THINKING in the target language is very important. Of course it's difficult to do that when you're just starting, so as a compromise try to pretend you're Japanese and figure out (culturally and contextually) how you would express something.

This is where all that background cultural reading proves its worth! :)

Last edited:

otkao1

ok thanks again, My teacher recomended to us that we watch the japanese news on channel SBS but when you watch it its quite difficult. Would she be telling us to do this to become acusstomed with listening to japanese or for the actual undertstanding.
Btw, right now i normally get like 98-100% in japanese but i was just a bit worried that maybe i didnt deserve this mark an i have been fluking. My teacher has given us some book from victoria, the Excel japanese con. book, Mirai bok 3 and Isshoni book 3 an japanese for everyone and upon that she gives us all these sheets. I am totally overloaded with work lol. Does anyone else out there use isshouni?
Sorry i am asking so many questions guys im just totally paranoid about getting a good UAI

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes! I used Isshoni in year eight (book one) as well as when I accelerated from year ten to eleven Japanese (book two). I dabbled in book three during year eleven (which I did again) but didn't use it all that much. They're a great set of textbooks, though book three really has a lot of stuff that you won't be expected to do unless you continue Japanese at university. It's more geared to the old Japanese HSC course (which was more difficult) but it's still priceless.

Don't be afraid to ask questions either, that's what we're here for after all. ;)

Jenzi

Anyone need a tutor to help with his/her Japanese studies?

Hi all,

Anyone out there needs a tutor for Japanese(con or ext)??

I completed my Japanese studies in high school from year 8-12. Towards the end of Yr 10, I went on a 3 month exchange program to Japan, so I am confident that I can teach students about Japanese language and its culture.
Just some additional information, I achieved Band 6 result for con Jap and 2nd top band for ext Jap in HSC.

If anyone interested, please reply~

Cheers

Last edited:
HSC
I am doing Jap cont and we use the mirai book but also sometimes the wakatta one because my teacher's in love with it. I study it offline which means 2 mornings a week from 7-8:30 of studying it. Because of the stupid time, we are EXTREMELY far behind... dead set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)