4025808's Maths Tutoring around Eastwood/Epping area and UNSW :) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Experienced Maths tutor around Eastwood/Epping area :)

Hey there, it's Yongzhen/Kelvin. I am currently offering tutoring for particular maths courses. I'll briefly introduce myself:

• In 2011 I graduated from Sydney Secondary College - Blackwattle Bay Campus.
  • I have achieved E4s for both Extension 1 and Extension 2 Maths, and I was first internally for Extension 1 Maths.
  • I am currently doing B Engineering (Petroleum Engineering)/B Science (Mathematics, Statistics) as a fifth year student.

The Courses that I offer tutoring are below:

• Mathematics (Year 9 - 10)
  • General Mathematics (Year 11 + 12)
  • Mathematics (Year 11 + 12)
  • Mathematics (Extension 1) (Year 11 + 12)
  • Mathematics (Extension 2) (Year 12)

The Rates I offer are listed below:

• 1 on 1 tutoring -> $80 for 2 hours
  • 2 on 1 tutoring -> $60 for 2 hours per student
  • 3-4 on 1 tutoring -> $50 for 2 hours per student

Why should you choose me?

• I have had seven years of tutoring experience on a regular basis (10-12 hours a week from 2013-2016, and this year, 20-30 hours a week). As a result, I have developed better understanding of the students needs quite carefully, as well as being able to work on the student's difficulties.
  • For the past 7 years, I have tutored around 100 students in total. I have managed to get them results that were well above their expectations. Plenty of my students achieved band 6's in their mathematics related subjects :D
  • I have scored E4s for both of my Extension 1 (96) and Extension 2 (92) Maths courses, which indicates that I have the ability to know my material and apply it successfully.
  • I organize material, pick out the better resources, compile it and teach from there.
  • I teach students to understand concepts, not to rote-learn them. That also means learning how to approach different types of questions, not by rote-learning the same methods.
  • I also teach students examination technique and mark maximization.
  • I have conducted tutoring through Shack Youth Services as well as two other coaching colleges. Thus it shows that I have experience in tutoring.
  • I have helped kids who have struggled in Extension 2 maths and helped them do better in the HSC.
  • I have helped students in my school with maths problems.
  • For the HSC, I was the leader of a Maths Revision group in my school, providing advice, resources, past exam papers and all of the related material.
  • I have helped students on the Bored of Studies forum on how to do questions.
  • I have offered and conducted help in all levels of maths during the Easter and Winter BoS meats.
  • I'm a very patient person, so if you don't get something, I will not get frustrated; but I will explain through the concept and try different methods. :p
  • I spend far more time overall helping my students than doing my own study, and yet I am still managing close to a Distinction WAM.

Not related to tutoring, but useful:

• I can also give students advice on choosing subjects, choosing university degrees and majors, as well as the subjects that you have to do (heck, at the time of UAC offers, I had 30 students come up to me about university enrolments and what to do). So not only I am a good tutor, but I have a lot of knowledge about the high school and university system and how to overcome those difficulties.
  • Not only do I offer tutoring for maths, but I can help with English Advanced and Legal Studies (I don't conduct tutoring for those subjects); I can give out essays and resources that helped me obtain mid-high band 6 standard in certain sections of those courses.
  • I have a Working With Children Check, as I had to undertake this for Shack Tutoring.

Current Timing Availability:

• Please message me for times.

I can conduct tutoring at:

• Eastwood Library
  • Epping Library
  • Hornsby Library
  • Macquarie University Library
  • West Ryde Library
  • I can also drive around the Eastwood/Epping/West Ryde area to your place. :)

If you are interested, or have any inquiries, please PM me or post here. (Y)

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hey there, it's Yongzhen/Kelvin. I am currently offering tutoring for year 11-12 maths. I'll briefly introduce myself:

• In 2011 I graduated from Sydney Secondary College - Blackwattle Bay Campus.
  • I have achieved E4s for both Extension 1 and Extension 2 Maths, and I was first internally for Extension 1 Maths.
  • I am currently doing B Commerce (Actuarial Studies)/B Arts (Chinese Studies) at UNSW as a first year student.

The Courses that I offer tutoring are below:

• Mathematics (Year 11 + 12)
  • Mathematics (Extension 1) (Year 11 + 12)
  • Mathematics (Extension 2) (Year 12)
I can also take on year 10 students who are willing to learn ahead.

The Rates I offer are listed below:

• 1 on 1 tutoring -> $25/hour, $45 for 2 hours
  • 2 on 1 tutoring -> $20/hour per student, $35 for 2 hours per student
  • First Lesson is free.

Why should you choose me?

• My rates are cheap. :)
  • I have scored E4s for both of my Extension 1 and Extension 2 Maths courses, which indicates that I have the ability to know my material and apply it successfully.
  • I organize material, pick out the better resources, compile it and teach from there.
  • I teach students to understand concepts, not to rote-learn them.
  • I also teach students examination technique and mark maximization.
  • I have conducted tutoring through Shack Youth Services, including tutoring at a coaching college.
  • I have helped kids who have struggled in Extension 2 maths and helped them do better in the HSC.
  • I have helped students in my school with maths problems, especially in the lower cohort.
  • For the HSC, I was the leader of a Maths Revision group in my school, providing advice, resources, past exam papers and all of the related material.
  • I have helped students on the Bored of Studies forum on how to do questions.
  • I have offered help and conducted help in maths during the Easter BoS MEAT.
  • I never relied on tutoring for maths to succeed in both Extension 1 and 2, which shows my ability to self learn.

Not related to tutoring, but useful:

• I can also give students advice on choosing subjects, choosing university degrees and majors, as well as the subjects that you have to do (heck, at the time of UAC offers, I had 30 students come up to me about university enrollments). So not only I am a good tutor, but I have a lot of knowledge about the high school and university system and how to overcome those difficulties.
  • Not only do I offer tutoring for maths, but I can help with English Advanced and Legal Studies (I don't conduct tutoring for those subjects)

Timing Availability:

• Monday Afternoons
  • Thursday Afternoons
  • Friday Afternoons
  • Saturday (all day)

I can conduct tutoring at:

• Eastwood Library
  • Epping Library
  • Macquarie University Library
  • West Ryde Library
  • UNSW Library or other locations within UNSW (i.e. Australian School of Business)
If it's anywhere else around those locations then post or message me and I will answer you back.

If you are interested, or have any inquiries, please PM me or post here. (Y)
This guy helped me during his HSC. Highly recommended and he is friendly and easy to approach. He's cute too.

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
bump

GO KELVIN :D

This guy is really friendly and cheerful, somebody who is always willing to assist people on call.

Orangee94

HSC
Easy going guy with great advice for those who are "lost". Very friendly and smart (Y)

keep it up kelvin :D

HSC
N/A
Yongzhen is energetic to say the least. If you're looking for an energetic tutor, look no further.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Kelvin is a great guy and I'm sure will be a great tutor. With him undercutting me in my territory, I'll need to join the Centrelink queue soon.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
I swear I thought you were from Baulko haha when I saw the school I was like wat lol. Would defs recommend Kelvin nice person and +1 for kpop :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)