Tutoring | 98 English Adv HSC Mark (1 Viewer)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
EDIT: I AM BOOKED OUT COMPLETELY AT THE MOMENT WITH 9-10 STUDENTS. I do not have space, but I can put you on a waiting list/let you know if space frees up. Maybe in November after Year 12 students graduate. Yes, I tutor only at my residence. 1.5hrs/pp or 2hrs for a group of 2.

I graduated last year with a HSC mark of 98 in English Advanced and am currently undertaking a Commerce/Law degree at UNSW. I am offering both individual and small group tutoring for reasonable rates.

Tutoring
I have had extensive experience with tutoring and I am confident in my ability to impart comprehensive knowledge relevant to not only the texts themselves, but also essay structure and exam technique. In the end, HSC English is not just about you knowing your texts well, but knowing how to appeal to the marker.

During lessons, I will help you to:

• Understand the core concepts, marking criteria and expectations for each section of both papers
  • Analyse unseen and core texts comprehensively and effectively
  • Develop a strong, effective thesis for each of your texts
  • Improve essay and exam answer structure
  • Develop concise, sophisticated and coherent essays for each of your texts
  • Improve language style and sophistication
  • Gain knowledge of ‘tips and tricks’ to noticeably improve exam technique

I will also edit, mark and provide feedback on set practice answers, assessments and on any essays or creatives.
I have marked dozens of essays from a wide range of students of many levels and different schools, ranging from top students at JRAHS and Baulko, to Band 4-5 students simply aiming for a higher band. The essays and creatives I prepared during my HSC were carefully written, extensively refined and perfected over the year – they are all concise, sophisticated and heavily rubric-focused. Furthermore, all my essays contain a range of sophisticated and uncommonly used techniques,with most sourced simply from my own analysis of the text, rather than from teachers, tutors or guides. Hence I can help you achieve either a similarly styled essay, or one suited to your level.

As such, I can address issues including:

• Thematic concerns and discussion of ideas
  • Relevance and sophistication of techniques and analysis
  • Strength and sophistication of thesis
  • Structural and overall coherency
  • Grammatical and other errors
  • Satisfaction of the marking criteria
  • Contextual information if relevant
and whatever else may seem fit depending on your writing style.

Furthermore, you will be free to contact me at any time outside of lessons to ask questions or for advice. I will also provide you with numerous resources to help further your study :)

You can PM me or email me at aphorae@hotmail.com for details regarding rates and any other questions.
Replies to posts on this board will probably be slower, so do email for the quickest response rate.

Note:
Selling English Advanced essays I used in trials/HSC:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=290216

Extensive essay/creative marking and comprehensive feedback service (online):
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=290214

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
Would recommend. Given her extraordinarily high marks, I'm sure that she will be able to help students write essays that are of a very high standard. :)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Would recommend. Given her extraordinarily high marks, I'm sure that she will be able to help students write essays that are of a very high standard. :)
Thanks Yongzhen :')

HiRe education

Phys and Chem tutor
HSC
Amazing marks. Knows what she's doing. Definitely recommend her to any one who is looking to get into the top range marks for English HSC :)

yahyah123

HSC
How much roughly for an individual session? :)

Goodwork btw on getting 98!

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Bump!

Looking through some of the old threads on the English Advanced sub-forum, there is really no one besides Monica who has been offering constant help on the requirements of each module, choice of related texts, deconstructing the rubric per module, structure of essays and so on.

Every bit of advice is seriously helpful too - if she makes a comment on a thread, it's always explaining each question properly in depth.

I'm sure that her tutoring would exceed this quality - she has superb knowledge of the English Advanced course and has even helped out at one of the BOS "meats" - definitely recommended!

Good luck! :)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Bump!

Looking through some of the old threads on the English Advanced sub-forum, there is really no one besides Monica who has been offering constant help on the requirements of each module, choice of related texts, deconstructing the rubric per module, structure of essays and so on.

Every bit of advice is seriously helpful too - if she makes a comment on a thread, it's always explaining each question properly in depth.

I'm sure that her tutoring would exceed this quality - she has superb knowledge of the English Advanced course and has even helped out at one of the BOS "meats" - definitely recommended!

Good luck! :)
Aw, thank you! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)