English Tutor and Essay Editing Service - FIFTH IN STATE, ATAR 99.90 (1 Viewer)

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone, my name is Adam and I am pleased to offer my services as an English tutor and essay editor. In the 2012 HSC I received the following English results:

• an ATAR of 99.90
  • Advanced English mark of 98. This placed me FIFTH in the state.
  • Extension 1 Mark of 48/50
  • Extension 2 Mark of 49/50

I pride myself on the clarity with which I explain all concepts as well as the rigour and originality of the approach I espouse to constructing and refining essays. The basis of all good work is necessarily the spark of originality or insight that all are capable of. As a tutor/editor, my task is not to plant my own regurgitated ideas in your head, but rather to find that spark of insight implicit in your work and help you mould it into a more complete, coherent and sophisticated argument.

Below are the services I offer:

Advanced English Essay / Creative Editing: Having received 19+/20 for all module essays in trials (at a school ranked third in the state for English) as well as 20, 18 & 20/20 for modules A, B & C respectively in the HSC, I know what it takes to achieve the marks necessary to enable a high band 6. Based on my credentials, I offer a fantastic value-for-money editing service that includes in each edit, but is not limited to:
  • Thorough line-by-line editing of syntax, diction, literary techniques and argument.
  • Paragraph by paragraph analysis of ideas - for each of your paragraphs/ideas, I will respond with up to a few hundred words detailing the conceptual and linguistic strengths and weaknesses and offer further reading, notes or instruction on how your (not my) ideas can rise to that high band six level.
  • Plans and direction should you find yourself stuck at any juncture. Advice for picking and analysing any related text is one of my strengths. Students of mine have received 14+/15 using belonging related texts as diverse as the film 21, episodes of Community, the novel Ender's Game and Plato's Republic.

Advanced / Ext 1 Group and Private Tutoring: I offer an interesting and vibrant tutoring atmosphere built around your ideas. We start with your views and interpretation of the text and the concepts and using a combination of underlying philosophical ideas and development of close textual analysis derive from even the most cluttered paragraph a concise, original and interesting idea about a text and question. Lessons can be conducted anywhere in the Eastern Suburbs / CBD at any desired frequency and length per week. Note that these tutoring sessions include free essay editing as described above.

English Extension 2 Mentoring: I received 49/50 for English Extension 2 for an essay entitled: Atlas Shrugged, Catch-22 and Wall Street: Metaphysics and Morality, A 20th Century Economic Dialectic. Mentoring sessions can be weekly or fortnightly (or more frequently in the vicinity of assessment tasks). Each mentoring session will be discussion based, building upon ideas you may have had in the preceding week. You will be able to take advantage of my voracious reading and general knowledge for direction to where you should look to refine, and place in a more rigorous philosophical framework, your latest ideas about form and content. I offer countless resources for research as well.

Note my services are being offered for all texts & electives (Advanced and Extension 1) and text types (Extension 2).

[Negotiable] Prices:
  • $30 per essay per edit (discounts available for more than 1 edit)
  • $60 for one on one tutoring (per hour)
  • $30 per person for group lessons (per hour)

Contact me for samples of my work, the work I have edited and for a trial edit/tutoring session.

Please PM me, email me on adamsolomon@hotmail.com.au or text me on 0433 555 639 to enquire about prices, availability or to ask any other questions you may have.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Myans

HSC
Adam is undoubtedly one of the top English students to graduate in 2012. His marks don't do his ability justice. Highly recommend him to all before his spots fill up!

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
Bump - tutoring spots filling up fast. Get in quick or consider online editing!!

russ3l

HSC
Just got one of my creatives edited from Adam - he is brilliant. He has given an extensive amount of detail into his editing and, now, I can clearly see why he got the marks he did. What really impressed me the most was that he left a very detailed, comprehensive feedback at the end ON TOP of adding little comments in the actual creative. He offers ways to restructure sentences to heighten expression and yeah, it's just really awesome. You're missing out if you don't pm him!!! Thanks again Adam!
Oh and he's extremely nice so that's a bonus :p

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Bump. I asked for a sample of his essays because I'm curious as to what state rankers write like and I was impressed =)

Maryanayeah

HSC
Bump!

Great samples!!! Really good if you want that band 6 ;) Don't miss out!

Also, very nice guy!

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
^^ Thanks guys.

Samples of my essays and of essays/creatives I have edited are available.

I have 3 tutoring spots left - get in quick!

Contact me for discounted introductory essay editing prices!

Last edited:

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
^^ Thanks guys!
Contact me for editing samples.

nixxelpixxel

HSC
Bump - adam has a unique insight into HSC texts that is more advanced than those possessed by most english teachers. He really knows what he's talking about and provides great advice.

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the recommendations - lower introductory price for the first essay edit now available.

Ustritsa

HSC
N/A
This guy was in both my extension Math and English classes. Probably the only person who could explain something to me in a perfectly logical and rational manner. I would want my essays marked by him..

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
This guy was in both my extension Math and English classes. Probably the only person who could explain something to me in a perfectly logical and rational manner. I would want my essays marked by him..
Thanks, contact me for samples of edited samples and creatives!

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
I am currently filling up spots for 2014 tutoring and editing essays for the upcoming HSC exams. PM or email me. Thanks!

Scott2e4c

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much . This man is god. He edited my essays, he is so nice and he will for sure improve my marks.

Last edited:

fattymi

HSC
N/A
Hi Adam, I am trying to contact you to seek your English tutor and essay editing services. Also I need to buy your essays. Appreciate if you could call or sms me, I have kept a message and also sent a sms and email to you but so far no reply. By the way, is your number given here is correct. This is urgent, please write to me.

fattymi

HSC
N/A
Hi Adam, I am trying to contact you to seek your English tutor and essay editing services. Also I need to buy your essays. Appreciate if you could call or sms me, I have kept a message and also sent a sms and email to you but so far no reply. By the way, is your number given here is correct. This is urgent, please write to me.

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
I am sorry to anyone who has tried to text me. I am currently away so please email.
To anyone with tutoring enquiries:
I have a few spots left starting in January holidays or February with the school year. At this stage I will be tutoring in the Eastern Suburbs primarily, but I am building a list of those interested in tutoring at Parrammatta library. If that list becomes sufficiently large,
I will probably come to Parramatta each Saturday. So if you are interested please let me know, but I stress that it is only in the Eastern Suburbs that I can guarantee spots.

I encourage those interested to find a another person or two and think seriously about group tutoring as it is, in my opinion, the best value for money.
I am tutoring all texts, modules, subjects (English and other) and year groups.
Please post any questions of a general nature on this thread so everyone sees the answer. For any more personal questions, please email me (until Dec 20), after which you can text me.

Thanks to everyone for the interest, Adam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)