English Tutor (Sydney Central) and Feedback Service (1 Viewer)

Erin Stewart

HSC
N/A
My name is Erin. I graduated from the Australian National University with first class honours in 2011. I completed high school in 2007 with an ATAR of 98.4 and was awarded the Melbourne University Extension Programme prize for the highest scoring student in English Literature. I have professional writing experience and have edited a number of publications. I am currently studying towards a Master of Arts in Non-fiction writing.

I’m offering my services in 2012 as a one-on-one tutor for:
• HSC English (Standard)
• HSC English (Advanced)
• HSC English (Extension 1 and 2)
• Pre-HSC High School English

Services will be offered for all texts and electives.

In tuition, it’s my aim to help students fully engage with their course materials and produce original, thoughtful, and sophisticated work. I will be able to provide detailed feedback on essays as well as important resources so that students can reach their full potential. My sessions will be tailored to suit the specific goals, strengths, and weaknesses of students.

I’m based in Surry Hills and can offer tuition services in the Sydney CBD and inner suburbs (we can meet at the student’s home or at a public or university library). I charge $35 per hour. Length and frequency of tutoring sessions will be open to student preferences.

I am also offering a feedback service for any written work (including text analyses, creative pieces, and practice exams). Feedback will include critiques on syntax/grammar/spelling, structure, logical flow and overall persuasiveness of arguments (if relevant), and writing style. I will give an indication of whether the piece is of high-, middle- or low-scoring standard and focus on how the student could improve future work. Where necessary, I will also refer students to other resources and materials which they may benefit from reading. Feedback and resources will be delivered by email unless otherwise requested.

My standard fee is $20 per piece 1000 words and under, plus $5 per 1000 words thereafter.

For more information please email erin_stewart@hotmail.com.au or call/text 0425807061.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)