Any good tutors recommended ? (1 Viewer)

christieehuynh

HSC
i'm starting year 12 in like a week, and would like to get on top of things. I would like a tutor for Advanced maths & English, Biology and i'm deciding for economics? The price, i don't really mind just under $100 per hour, and the area can be anywhere, since i'm from the Cabramatta area, tried all the tutors here. I was going to go Matrix, but cousins have had bad reviews on it, so yeah. I would prefer 1 on 1 for all, but if there are good coaching colleges, please reccommend, all appreciated! :) DON'T MIND A TRAVEL DISTANCE :)

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
For biology, I recommend PEAK physics! If you're from Cabra, I think you might already know about it because it's in Canley Heights. I don't know if their biology is as good as physics, but they supply you with all the notes (according to my friend who does bio there)

Not sure about maths, English or eco around there. Search the threads for English and maths tutor though, there should be plenty.

Good luck!

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
i'm starting year 12 in like a week, and would like to get on top of things. I would like a tutor for Advanced maths & English, Biology and i'm deciding for economics? The price, i don't really mind just under $100 per hour, and the area can be anywhere, since i'm from the Cabramatta area, tried all the tutors here. I was going to go Matrix, but cousins have had bad reviews on it, so yeah. I would prefer 1 on 1 for all, but if there are good coaching colleges, please reccommend, all appreciated! :) DON'T MIND A TRAVEL DISTANCE :)
crazy

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
PEAK for the sciences.

Otherwise, it depends which areas you are willing to travel to.

christieehuynh

HSC
I honestly don't like Peak, i've been there since year 7, and i don't learn a thing. It's probs just me but yeah.

HSC
my maths tutor (who is also a teacher) is in belfield he is great its $35 for 2 hours with a small break in between he provides past papers and helps you with any problems you have, the other students there will also help too :) pm me if you want to find out more :)

I've been to collages before and I don't learn anything there I felt like there was too much pressure and competition but I am happy with a small class tutoring sesh :)

iBibah

HSC
my maths tutor (who is also a teacher) is in belfield he is great its $35 for 2 hours with a small break in between he provides past papers and helps you with any problems you have, the other students there will also help too :) pm me if you want to find out more :)

I've been to collages before and I don't learn anything there I felt like there was too much pressure and competition but I am happy with a small class tutoring sesh :)
There isn't much to learn from a collage to be honest.

;)

phoenix1

HSC
N/A
There isn't much to learn from a collage to be honest.

;)
This. Actually I think getting a one to one tutor is better than attending a tuition college as you can learn ahead at your own pace and even if you miss a lesson, you can catch up the next time and there is more flexibility.

Or learning from online videos.

Siddy123

HSC

lol this is W.G aye?

Siddy123

HSC
This. Actually I think getting a one to one tutor is better than attending a tuition college as you can learn ahead at your own pace and even if you miss a lesson, you can catch up the next time and there is more flexibility.

Or learning from online videos.

friedeggz

HSC
N/A
I honestly don't like Peak, i've been there since year 7, and i don't learn a thing. It's probs just me but yeah.

i quit this week. its cheap but sh*t. you get what you pay for.

spot on. classes are like a zoo with 20/30/40/50+ ppl

cant learn anything

noone dares to ask any questions

tutors write off their notes and powerpoint

might as well stay home and learn yourself

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I went to PEAK, oh god it's absolutely terrible. The only tuition place I've actually disliked - they don't foster exam technique or treat you as an individual, it's 45 people in a class with a guy writing on a whiteboard. That's not what tuition is about! Here are my recommendations:

Science: Matrix/Talent 100
Maths: Dr. Du/Harry's (class size doesn't really matter for maths in my opinion if you're confident to speak out and ask - it's the pressure and competitiveness that'll force you to improve)
English: deltaeducation.com.au (disclaimer: I work there)

smashgh

HSC
If you do any maths

http://prior.edu.au/

I think you'll find HSC maths is 50% understanding the content and principles and the other 50% actually having problem solving ability to tackle harder questions. I've been to matrix and talent maths and i'll say that while they're teachers are good, their material is crap. They foster people who just learn the material and apply it to the same question over and over again so that when you come to the exam, you will be surprised by the different style questions towards the end of the paper.

I know i'm going to sound like a brochure but, Prior maths builds a more well-rounded mathematician hands down. Although the teaching is about the same (Rob Prior is awesome) the system they have just gets you practising maths until you become a better "mathematician". You may find it pricey but they actually offer you so many free hours if you take them so it ends up around $30. Plus, knowing the owner (Rob Prior), who also teaches, you'll find that prior actually cares about you as a person (Talent and Matrix, while having tutors and teachers who care, is just another business looking to leach money of HSC students. I remember wanting some resources for some earlier topics i had missed in HSC chemistry and they wouldn't give them to me because of their own "copyright") Prior maths is great and I can't recommend it enough to HSC students.

Former Prior student, 2013 graduate and journeyman of the tutoring colleges (Matrix, Talent, Prime, Prior, North Shore you bloody name it and i've probably been there)

Last edited:

kden

HSC
N/A
math: dr.du
science: matrix or maybe talent 100 but havent been there
english: no idea but probably a private tutor would provide the best benefit

photastic

HSC
Lol Peak and Truongs are overrated. They only care about the selective students where they dump random
tutors for the non selective, bloody hell. Truongs, lol yoloed the entrance test and got in, and was so crap, didn't even pay lols nor registered lol. Now i'm beating prob every student in maths and every student who goes there thanks to Tipps, not sure of Tipps is overrated but i'm happy there.

Peak is so overcrowded, literally touching the shoulders of the dude/chick next to you. Thinking of switching but idk where to go. Only good thing about Peak is the resources though you can always get it off people, lols cheap.
Tbh, the top students didn't go tutor, still killed the hsc but hey, we all have our preferences.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)