Lower North Shore Tutoring 99.95, State #1 Chem 2011, Med/UMAT (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Currently taking students for medical interview training (all NSW uni's), and for Year 11 and 12 next year

Hi there prospective HSC or medical students,

Im going to be to the point. This is my SEVENTH year of tutoring students for Maths, Physics, Chemistry and UMAT. I'm not going to convince you with some mystic mumbo jumbo about how I will magically provide you with a better education than your high school. What I will give you are the skills to succeed in your studies as you pursue your academic goals through targeted assistance that aims to improve your independent skills whilst also bolstering your weaker subjects or topics.

Results:
ATAR: 99.95
UMAT: 96
Degree: UNSW MED
High school: Sydney Grammar School Class of 2011
I am now a Doctor hurrah!

Subjects:
MX1: 100 (3rd in school)
Chem: 98 (1st in State, 1st in school)
MX2: 97 (7th in school)
Phys: 96 (1st in school)
Eco: 96 (1st in school)
English Adv: 94 (19th in school)

Offering Tutoring in:
- Chem
- Phys
- Maths
- UMAT
- Medicine Application Review and Interview training

Rates:
- $60/h one to one
- $50/h group
- NEGOTIABLE
- Group discounts are available

Also offering UMAT training for students keen on Medical entry in 2018 and 2019, that is the year TWENTY EIGHTEEN! and TWENTY NINETEEN!. I have been to every undergraduate level medical interview in NSW, and received scholarships from USYD ($10000), Monash ($6000) and Melbourne ($20000) to study medicine

Regards,

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone keen for medical interview training, please message me ASAP so I can organise timings with you. My exams are coming up soon, so don't miss out. Don't forget that I sat for every major undergraduate level interview in NSW and VIC so don't hesitate to call. Apparently UWS offers have been released....

hayabusaboston

HSC
Totes masif brah

IQ is one of several methods of measuring intelligence but is probably one of the least accurate tbh
Oh I know all about IQ and its intricacies haha, ive done my reading :) I actually think it is rather accurate in its predictive power of intellectual successes in an individual's life.

Hence, seeing as though you are obviously an extremely successful young man, I was rather interested in whether or not you are a MENSA member or have had your IQ tested.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes i've had my IQ tested, no I am not part of MENSA. I agree IQ is quite useful as a predictive tool of intellectual success, but hard work trumps IQ almost any day.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hi

May I ask but how did you state rank chemistry? Also did you get any tutoring during your HSC year at all?

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi

May I ask but how did you state rank chemistry? Also did you get any tutoring during your HSC year at all?
Sorry about the late response, have been busy.

The main reason I believe I state ranked was because I had answered heaps and heaps of questions. Not only that, my teachers had provided a booklet of past HSC questions by topic with the marking guidelines/markers comments to help with answering and formulating a response. By the time HSC came, I would be able to figure out what the markers wanted depending on the marking allocation.

The other reason was exam technique. I finished the majority of the paper in about 2 hours, so I had an hour to properly write all the long answer questions as well as to go through and check my paper for any errors.

In terms of tutoring, I received Maths and English tutoring. I did maths to get ahead of my class so I could start papers earlier. For English, I always struggled with expressing my ideas. I could write essays and do technical analysis, but I had difficulty in giving every sentence a purpose or meaning. I would write and rewrite my essays, eventually my teacher refused to mark anymore, so I got an English tutor to mark my work and help in the drafting process when tweaking my response to different questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)