Ngo & Sons? (1 Viewer)

anonymouspls

HSC
Hey guys, I've been considering enrolling to Ngos & Sons or also known as Truong's tutoring since I've been hearing how good this tutoring is but from anyone's experiences had anyone attend his classes and if so is it any good? So far I heard he's well known for being really strict to his students.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
It's ok. If you're the sort of person who doesn't like big classes and want individual attention then tutoring here is probably not ideal since their class sizes have at most 40 people. In terms of strictness, Truong only asks you to bow to him and teachers and call them sir or miss because he wants to teach you good manners. Otherwise, he's not THAT strict as people make him out to be, although he can sometimes pick on people to answer his questions, but he actually is kinda laid back and likes to tell a funny story or two.

friedeggz

HSC
N/A
OMFG GOD ppplz..TRUONG does NOT teach anymore..maybe 1 class MAXIMUM..dont say you go to TRUONGS anymore because only uni students teach there

and TRUONG is a nice guy. ppl who know their shiiit know that hes a NICE GUY but HE DOESNT TEACH THERE ANYMORE. maybe 1 class thats it.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I had Sir in Year 11+12. So, so sad that he doesn't teach anymore =( =(. What a legend of a man.

Rivaille

HSC
Sir hasn't stopped teaching... I have him for 4U. In fact, from what I've gathered, he teaches quite a few extension 2 classes.

dtmtrano

HSC
Hi,

I currently go there 3 times a week... yea I know.. it sounds ALOT but I somehow like it. Why? BECAUSE IT'S VERY HELPFUL. I've been here since Year 5. I go on Thursday, my normal maths class, then on Saturday which is a new accelerated maths class where we do 3 unit maths, and on Monday for English. The good thing is that I'm also in year 9, so it'll make this explanation much easier! I believe you should really go. Here's a rundown about Ngo and Sons:

- There are 2 campuses : Fairfield and Parramatta.
- You must go to Maths in order to go English.
- There are about 10 Maths classes per year group, not sure about year 11 and year 12. Each class has about 30+ students.
- Teachers are very qualified. Mostly young so they ARE NOT strict.
- The place is very nice.
- Dr. Troung is actually not that strict. He just expects you to bow. It's more of a discipline but honestly when you talk to him or when he talks to him, it just transforms into a father child relationship.
- The Maths syllabus is very "accelerated". Not sure about the lower classes. I am the 3rd class for Maths and we do about 1.5 years ahead of the normal school syllabus. Technically, it is the accelerated of your accelerated classes at school.
- For maths, you normally would do a topic really early so that you would repeat it again at school, and depending how fast your school is then you would repeat it soon after, if not then later.
- There is a recently new maths class. Its like an SUPER accerlated class where we do 3 unit maths. At fairfield there are 2 classes : one selective schools and one non selective schools.
- The tutoring really focuses on repetition and headstarts so that when it comes to school, you can beast it and dont have to worry about Maths as much as compared to others so you can focus harder on your other subjects.
- Ranking of topic exams are very serious. Your ranks are usually placed on a noticeboard for everyone to see.
- There is a thing where if you get 3 fails for topic tests then you are expelled... Not sure. Thats the word but it never really happens... Just a big lecture from your teacher.
- Homework is taken very seriously.
- It is $25 for english per lesson. I believe $25 or $30 for maths. 3 Unit and 4 Unit is more expensive of course.
- Classes are 1 hr 45 mins for maths and 1 hr 30 mins for english.
- Just a few days ago, Dr. Troung actually told that he is gonna make english HEAPS better! Like he admitted that his english classes were shit, and now he got James Ruse teachers, and with the new syllabus he's gonna hardcore train these teachers to make sure his english classes are just as his maths. And next year, they will be ranked just like Maths.

Yes, you do have to sit an entrance exam to place you into a class. It'll be mostly what you've learnt in school combined into problem solving. In year 10, there is a thing called EXIT EXAM. For those who get below the standard are asked to leave..... And for those who make it are allowed to stay and do 3 unit or 4 unit.

FINAL WORD: you should take your chances before you it's too late. There are HEAPS HEAPS of people wanting to go apparantly.

Anyways.... it's up to you at the end of the day.

Any further questions/queries, you can just shoot me an email at daniel.tran@sydstu.catholic.edu.au
I always have this email synced into my phone so I'll always reply.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Sir hasn't stopped teaching... I have him for 4U. In fact, from what I've gathered, he teaches quite a few extension 2 classes.
Lucky! I heard that he keeps a few Hurlestone classes to himself or something lol. I miss him so much!

beolun

HSC
He still teaches a lot, he has classes on Monday, Tuesday and Saturday that I know of. There are probably more.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
He emphasises more on morals and being respectful to others, especially your parents. He's not only an "academic" teacher, but a philosophical one. If you're rude to your teachers or parents, you'll have a higher chance of getting kicked out than if you fail the tests.

It's a pretty good place but some of the stuff can be super accelerated (especially if you go to selective schools and are pushed into the accelerated classes) so you probably need to concentrate hard and try your best :)

$30 for senior year 11-12 ext 1 and 2 maths

There's no 2 unit math classes there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC
Truongs is actually really helpful. I did the entrance test in Year 7 and somehow got put into his "top" class. (Cause apparently I came first in the entrance test). That was really surprising, considering that I go to a non selective school. But I remember learning stuff there in year 7, that I would learn at my school at year 9. But there was a lot of homework and tests there soooo I gave up soon. And I regret it. (can't go back, once you quit)
If you want to join truongs, I would probably recommend you joining in year 6, as they go super duper fast and you would find it hard catching up. For me, I had to take extra classes (his "lower" classes) just to catch up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)