Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dual State Ranker Tutoring: English Adv (98), Extension 1 (50), Extension 2 (48)

HSC

Red face Dual State Ranker Tutoring: English Adv (98), Extension 1 (50), Extension 2 (48)

Hello everyone

My name is Anya, and I am a 2013 HSC graduate offering English Adv/Ext 1/ Ext 2 tutoring. I graduated from Abbotsleigh (a school ranked top 10 in the state).

While my passion/love is for English, I am also offering tutoring for my other subjects, as outlined below. As you may be able to see from the subjects I chose, I am definitely a humanities person!

I am now studying a combined degree of Arts/Law at UNSW, majoring in English and minoring in History, with a Distinction WAM.

Credentials:
    NSW HSC 2013 ATAR: 99.60
    All Rounder 2013
    English Advanced State Rank (11th)
    English Extension 1 State Rank (2nd)
    UTS Vice Chancellor's Outstanding Achievement Scholarship (Recipient)

Subjects offered:

English Advanced: (98)
    English Extension 1: (50)
    English Extension 2: (48)
    Modern History: (96)
    History Extension: (47)
    SOR 1: (48)

Experience
    I have now tutored students from 2014-2017 who have achieved stellar results. Through tutoring many different students I have gained experience in various learning styles, and how to best pass on my knowledge to others.

Private Tutoring:

I understand that English Advanced is one of the most frustrating subject for students, especially for those who dislike it, or find it too subjective. My aim in tutoring is to make English approachable/understandable, in the ultimate aim to help students reach their goals (whether this may be a B6 or a state rank). To succeed in English, I believe the key is continuous refining/editing of essays and creatives, and with this in mind, tutoring will be tailored specifically for the individual

You will also have access to ALL of my own essays and resources as well as continuous help outside of one-on-one tutoring.

Location: I live in Turramurra (Upper North Shore), and will be tutoring from my own home.

Online Tutoring (Skype/Essay Editing)

Online tutoring is also another great and equally valid option for those who live too far away etc. I offer both editing/refining of essays or creatives as well as Skype tutoring which is similar to private tutoring but from the comfort of your own home

Email: anyaprem1@gmail.com OR just feel free to PM me for more details

Evidence of marks is available upon request

Edit: New spots are now available for HSC 2018'ers or younger students

Thank you!
    Last edited by humanitieslover; 24 Aug 2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Ethaw likes this.

HSC

Re: Dual State Ranker Tutoring: English Adv (98), Extension 1 (50), Extension 2 (48)

bump! Would highly recommend. Anya has tutored my younger brother (Year 11) for 2 years, and his rank has jumped from bottom half of the cohort to Top 10. A great tutor and a better yet, a lovely person.

HSC

Re: Dual State Ranker Tutoring: English Adv (98), Extension 1 (50), Extension 2 (48)

Thank you! Loved teaching him, and I'm so happy for him!!

HSC

This girl amazes me. She was in my English class at Abbotsleigh and really knows her stuff. Congratulations on the state ranks + HSC results =]

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by weruntheworld View Post
    This girl amazes me. She was in my English class at Abbotsleigh and really knows her stuff. Congratulations on the state ranks + HSC results =]
    Hehe thank you!! Don't know who this is, but thanks so much :P

HSC

I have gone through around 3 English tutors... and Anya has not only made me understand English, but has made me grow to like it (crazy i know..lol). She is very sweet, and goes out of her way to help you. Looking forward to 2014. free bump.

HSC

Hey Henrietta

Haha thank you! So great to hear that you're liking English (I still remember when you absolutely hated it) :P Definitely looking forward to 2014 as well!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by humanitieslover View Post
    Hey Henrietta

Haha thank you! So great to hear that you're liking English (I still remember when you absolutely hated it) :P Definitely looking forward to 2014 as well!
    You're welcome! BUMP (again) for a great person.

HSC
    N/A

I honestly couldn't recommend Anya more. She is insanely passionate about English and has a love for her helping others that you probably can't find elsewhere. She cares about more than just marks, but moreso her students. Get in fast, she's a real gem. bumpity bump :P PS. loving the similarity in usernames!

HSC

Haha I didn't notice that until now !! Thank you so much, truly appreciate it!

HSC

I wholeheartedly recommend Anya as a tutor. She started tutoring me when I was in Year 10 (now a 2014'er) and I would never have believed I could have come this far. I go to a top 10 selective school.. (won't say it here lol) and I was ranked..let's just say... not well LOL. I am currently ranked in the top 10 of my school. (Now 9th), and I could NOT have done it without humanitieslover. She is a genuine person who cares about her students, and has taught me how to excel in English from scratch. Thank you again. bump!!!!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by allysmith View Post
    I wholeheartedly recommend Anya as a tutor. She started tutoring me when I was in Year 10 (now a 2014'er) and I would never have believed I could have come this far. I go to a top 10 selective school.. (won't say it here lol) and I was ranked..let's just say... not well LOL. I am currently ranked in the top 10 of my school. (Now 9th), and I could NOT have done it without humanitieslover. She is a genuine person who cares about her students, and has taught me how to excel in English from scratch. Thank you again. bump!!!!
    Wow thank you Ally! Hehe Hope everything is going well with you.

HSC
    N/A
    Congratulations on amazing results! Would highly recommend!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Cats54321 View Post
    Congratulations on amazing results! Would highly recommend!
    Thank you Cat54321 *

HSC

friendly bump
    4U English, 4U Maths, Economics, Modern History, Extension History

ATAR Aim: 99.95

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by NotCricket View Post
    friendly bump
    Thank you NotCricket!! Best of luck with your ATAR Aim!

HSC

BUMP for a lovely gal! :P

RTK
    HSC

Casual bump

HSC

Brilliant marks! Good luck
    Click here for high quality maths tuition!

USYD: B Sc. (Adv Maths) II

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by weruntheworld View Post
    BUMP for a lovely gal! :P
    Thank you hehe

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
    Casual bump
    Thanks RTK!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by asianese View Post
    Brilliant marks! Good luck
    Thank you asianese Congratulations on your results!

HSC

BUMP! =]

HSC

Hello. I am being tutored by humanities/Anya right now, and can 100% vouch for her. I am probably the shyest kid out there, and to see how nice/friendly she was really made me feel at ease. Her approach in regards to teaching is high in calibre, and without me even having to say it, she knew that I needed to start from the very beginning (LOL). Her editing skill is appreciated, and I can see (as others have said) how she goes out of her way to help. I'd just like to say thank you, and that I highly highly recommend her. Ps. sorry for not talking much in class haha >_< and thank u for being understanding. See you soon.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by lollingatlife View Post
    Hello. I am being tutored by humanities/Anya right now, and can 100% vouch for her. I am probably the shyest kid out there, and to see how nice/friendly she was really made me feel at ease. Her approach in regards to teaching is high in calibre, and without me even having to say it, she knew that I needed to start from the very beginning (LOL). Her editing skill is appreciated, and I can see (as others have said) how she goes out of her way to help. I'd just like to say thank you, and that I highly highly recommend her. Ps. sorry for not talking much in class haha >_< and thank u for being understanding. See you soon.
    Hey Thank you!! Haha no worries at all, see you next week :P

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information