99.95 | State Ranker | Physics, Chemistry, Maths Tutoring (1 Viewer)

tomnomnom696

HSC Goddess
HSC
Hi BOS, [UPDATED]

[Reserve spots for next year]
Notes revised for NEW 2017 syllabus

My name is Tom Li (Hao Tian Li on board of studies for those needing to check my credentials) and I graduated from Baulkham Hills High School in 2014. I was able to achieve an ATAR of 99.95 as well as state ranking Physics (4th in state). My marks were as follows:

English Advanced: 95
Physics: 97
Chemistry: 96
Maths 3U: 99
Maths 4U: 96

Being a recent graduate[outdated but still applies], the struggles during the HSC year are fresh in my mind; the countless hours mauling over textbooks and questions as well as the feelings of both success and failure throughout. Many of you reading this will have just received your first term results for the HSC assessments. Some of you will be happy, some disappointed. These may seem like distinctive situations but I tell you with experience that they are not and both can only be tackled with one approach. TO KEEP GRINDING.

I'm here to help you with that. One year may seem like a lot right now though only if you use it effectively. This would require a constant trial and error to master but I can tell you the do's and don't's that I found throughout the year to allow you to maximise your marks whilst studying smart and efficiently because who has time to waste in year 12? I know everyone has different ways of studying but talking with other students in the grade and offering them advice has widened my scope to different preferences and adversities that may arise during study. I want to assist you in doing the best you can because I believe everyone has the potential to achieve a prestigious ATAR (this is also from experience; in year 11 my best rank was 31 internally with English as far back as the triple digits).

TL;DR So for those of you hoping to either improve or climb ranks fast and effectively I will gladly offer my assistance :)

Please message me to indicate your subject and available times so I can help you guys form groups!!

TIME SLOTS
SATURDAY and SUNDAY: 9:30-11:30am || 12:30-2:30pm || 3:30-5:30pm

WEEKDAY nights PM for details

I'll be tutoring from either:
My house which is a 5 minute bus ride from Parra station (Preferred)
UNSW Library (Kensington)
Other venues can also be discussed if there are enough people attending that specific venue.

CONTACT

If you're interested or have questions, don't hesitate to PM me, email me at tomli2997@gmail.com or text/call on 0451088368

THANKS!

Last edited:

esaitchkay

HSC
For any students wishing to find an intelligent and focused tutor, you really can't go past Tom.

Having been in a lot of classes with Tom straight from Year 7 to Year 12, and even being in the same tutoring classes, I can say that he's is definitely the most hard working student I've ever met. Seriously, this guy is a machine - having said that, he works efficiently.

When I failed to understand quite a lot of maths and physics concepts, Tom was right there to perfectly explain how and why a certain idea worked. This will certainly be reflected through the rigour with which he'll teach these subjects, providing in-depth high band 6 explanations and responses. There was no way I could have achieved an ATAR of 99.80 without the help of Tom throughout the year.

Any future students being taught by Tom will be extremely fortunate to have such a fantastic tutor.

He's also a pretty chill guy so you don't have to worry about asking stupid questions - I asked plenty :p

Immortality

Rekt by Adv. English
HSC
Tom is excellent at explaining difficult concepts, especially in physics. He had been a tremendous help in answering alot of my questions. I will highly recommend him as a tutor as he is very knowledgeable and in-depth with his concepts.

If you want to ace sciences, he's the guy to go to.

Last edited:

tomnomnom696

HSC Goddess
HSC
Thanks for the kind words @esaitchkay! :) and being an amazing mate for the last 6 years!!!

normalanus

HSC
I can confirm that over the past 6 years, Tom has established himself as the best there is at having the highest possible ATAR and being unstoppable in the paint. He has shown immense diligence towards his studies and I highly recommend him as an extremely resourceful and thoughtful tutor for any subjects you may need help in.

Naylakk

HSC
Would highly recommend tom's tutoring to anyone that asks. One of the best! His notes are extraordinary and his work ethic is inspirational. ANYONE that has met him in the past will definitely agree. Don't miss out on such an invaluable opportunity!

Nazy

HSC
Hey everyone, congratulations on all of your impressive results :) I am interested in your tutoring. Do you offer tutoring in English? Thanks!

Rohbro

HSC
I can with almost full certainty that Tom will be an EXCELLENT tutor. I have had the privilege of being friends with him in high school, and I will not discuss his results here because they speak for themselves. I will say, instead, that every lesson you have with him is guaranteed to be deeply engaging and rewarding. Tom is without a doubt one of the brightest people I know, but what defines him is his incredibly outgoing personality and cheerful disposition. He will be there for you when you need him and will hopefully inspire you with his work ethic.

tomnomnom696

HSC Goddess
HSC
Thanks Rohbro!! :) if anyone needs English tutoring, this guy is definitely THE guy (3rd in state)

mreditor16

HSC
For any students wishing to find an intelligent and focused tutor, you really can't go past Tom.

Having been in a lot of classes with Tom straight from Year 7 to Year 12, and even being in the same tutoring classes, I can say that he's is definitely the most hard working student I've ever met. Seriously, this guy is a machine - having said that, he works efficiently.

When I failed to understand quite a lot of maths and physics concepts, Tom was right there to perfectly explain how and why a certain idea worked. This will certainly be reflected through the rigour with which he'll teach these subjects, providing in-depth high band 6 explanations and responses. There was no way I could have achieved an ATAR of 99.80 without the help of Tom throughout the year.

Any future students being taught by Tom will be extremely fortunate to have such a fantastic tutor.

He's also a pretty chill guy so you don't have to worry about asking stupid questions - I asked plenty :p
Tom is excellent at explaining difficult concepts, especially in physics. He had been a tremendous help in answering alot of my questions. I will highly recommend him as a tutor as he is very knowledgeable and in-depth with his concepts.

If you want to ace sciences, he's the guy to go to.
I can with almost full certainty that Tom will be an EXCELLENT tutor. I have had the privilege of being friends with him in high school, and I will not discuss his results here because they speak for themselves. I will say, instead, that every lesson you have with him is guaranteed to be deeply engaging and rewarding. Tom is without a doubt one of the brightest people I know, but what defines him is his incredibly outgoing personality and cheerful disposition. He will be there for you when you need him and will hopefully inspire you with his work ethic.
I pretty much agree with all this (especially especially the bolded parts). Tom is a fantastic guy and will be an even more fantastic tutor to help you succeed in your HSC studies. Don't go past Tom for your tutoring needs.

kyusungasong

HSC
tom is a great guy and a truly meticulous individual. Effort is placed in all his work allowing him to get the best possible result.
Smart, kind, hard-working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)