Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By OryxCrake
  • 1 Post By humanitieslover

Thread: Experienced English Tutor | 99.65 ATAR, English Advanced State Ranker (97)

HSC

Cool Experienced English Tutor | 99.65 ATAR, English Advanced State Ranker (97)

Hi!! I'm Alison, and I graduated from the HSC in 2013. I'm offering my services as an English tutor marking / editing online essays and creative pieces (particularly for HSC Advanced English), so if you're interested, please read on

My academic record:
    • Currently studying Arts / Law at Sydney University, majoring in History, holding a Distinction Average.
    • Recipient of Vice Chancellor's Outstanding Achievement Scholarship (UTS)
    • ATAR of 99.65
    • HSC All Rounder
    • English Advanced State Ranking (97/100 - ranked 17th)
    • Band E4 in Extension English (48/50)

What can I offer you?
    • Experience! I've worked as a private tutor, and professionally at a major coaching college, where I tutored English one on one. While I was there, I must have tutored at least 50 different students, and please trust me when I say that's an extremely conservative estimate. I know how to adapt my tutoring style to your individual learning style, and I'm familiar with all aspects of the course and different texts - particularly that of the Advanced English HSC syllabus.
    • Access to my past essays / notes! I'll also be very happy to give you access to my notes for other subjects (Chemistry, Modern History). I also did Extension 2 Maths (fun fact!) (depends on your definition of fun).
    • A nurturing approach to English! I truly believe in encouraging my students to become comfortable with each of their texts, and the essay writing process. It's important to develop confidence in English, especially as it may seem very subjective and marked on the whims of your teachers.
    • A genuine love for the subject! While I don’t expect or force my students to love English, I must admit that for me personally, there is something very, very cool about how composers can provoke visceral emotions in us (as readers), create vivid images in our minds… and so on and so forth. I honestly enjoy working on essays with students.

I am currently offering online marking / editing What you will receive from my services:
    • Comprehensive constructive criticism
    • Analysis of strengths and weaknesses in your essay / creative
    • Suggested rewrites for some passages, depending on your essay / creative
    • Thorough check of grammar and syntax

If you're interested, please PM me or contact me at alisoncylee@icloud.com for more information

Currently offering services in 2018!
    Last edited by OryxCrake; 27 Mar 2018 at 12:12 PM.

HSC

Re: Experienced English Tutor | 99.65 ATAR, English Advanced State Ranker (97)

Hey guys

Alison is one of my closest friends and I can honestly say she is one of the best tutors you could possibly find. She is so, so incredibly dedicated not only to the subject of English, but also to her students. She's one of the most passionate people I've ever met (in many aspects of life, but also in terms of helping people). She's kind, friendly and really empathetic (must-have qualities for a great tutoring experience). Her experience at a coaching organisation is invaluable and as you can see, her high school achievements speak for themselves.

In studying Arts/Law, her understanding and love for humanities is also shown, which really will help students to gain an understanding of English on a whole new level. No matter what level you're at, whether that be just trying to boost up your marks a little, or if you're aiming to really ace English, with her experience combined with her caring personality, she will help you as much as she possible can The access to her notes will be absolutely priceless- I've seen the work that went into them, and I've also seen her University notes. You will be eternally grateful

From my own personal experience of knowing Alison for 10+ years, I would really recommend her as a tutor She will go above and beyond for her students and if you're ever in need of someone just to empathise with the stress that the HSC can bring, she will 100% be there for you.

Also, fun little fact- if you're a tennis lover or an Avengers fan, you're in luck.
    Last edited by humanitieslover; 6 Aug 2015 at 9:05 PM.
    OryxCrake likes this.
    For private tutoring/essay editing or buying essays/creatives please PM me
    University Course: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws UNSW

HSC

For private tutoring/essay editing or buying essays/creatives please PM me
    University Course: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws UNSW

HSC

Well, Anya I guess you're not a completely TERRIBLE human being either (thanks!!)

I'm still accepting students! Please message if interested.
    Last edited by OryxCrake; 15 Aug 2015 at 12:33 AM.

Cadet
    HSC

Alison has helped me a lot and provided valuable feedback and inputted suggestions on how I can improve my creative writing!! She's a very reliable and credible individual
    HSC 2015 ✔️
    UNSW Bachelor of Criminology and Criminology (2016-2019)

Cadet
    HSC

No amount of praise will truly do justice to the quality of feedback that Alison provided to my English essays and creative. I approached her after seeing her amazing English marks, and although she didn't usually mark essays for her non-students, she definitely went above and beyond to critique and suggest improvements to my work. The amount of feedback given was often more than the essay itself! She was also more than happy to answer my additional questions relating my work and English tips in general. Her assistance was honestly worth every cent (Y)

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by angela_12 View Post
    Alison has helped me a lot and provided valuable feedback and inputted suggestions on how I can improve my creative writing!! She's a very reliable and credible individual
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkrider View Post
    Definitely recommend students to Alison's remarkable expertise in English! I personally had my discovery creative marked and her feedback is of an unsurpassed level, and by extension, her examples are helpful in enriching the quality of writing any HSC student would aspire towards. As such, I give this chick a lovely recommendation, and I'm sure you'll reap the huge benefits of her wonderful service.
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar12 View Post
    No amount of praise will truly do justice to the quality of feedback that Alison provided to my English essays and creative. I approached her after seeing her amazing English marks, and although she didn't usually mark essays for her non-students, she definitely went above and beyond to critique and suggest improvements to my work. The amount of feedback given was often more than the essay itself! She was also more than happy to answer my additional questions relating my work and English tips in general. Her assistance was honestly worth every cent (Y)
    Thanks so much!!!!! I try my best hahaha and it's really a pleasure to help you guys and to know that my work was valuable.
    Last edited by OryxCrake; 14 Oct 2015 at 12:24 AM.

HSC

After a break, back for 2018

Thread Information