Biology Tutoring // State Rank (1st in NSW 2015) (1 Viewer)

xiaren

HSC
02/11/2018: I have now "retired" from tutoring. However, if you have a general query or you're looking for some advice, please feel free to email me.

Hello,

My name is Sharon and I'm currently offering tuition in HSC Biology. By way of a brief introduction, I graduated from James Ruse in 2015 and came 1st in the state for Biology, with the following marks -

Assessment mark: 96
Examination mark: 97
Final HSC mark: 97

PERKS.
  • Lessons are personalised to suit your needs and preferences. We can focus on your weak areas and do things at your own pace.
  • I provide useful resources, including my own dotpoint-by-dotpoint notes, HSC-style practice questions, past papers, and other helpful learning materials.
  • To help you improve your answering skills, and hence maximise your exam marks, I mark your practice responses and provide extensive feedback.
  • Having been tutoring HSC Biology since early 2016, I have comprehensive knowledge of the common mistakes made by students, as well as the syllabus dotpoints that present particular difficulty.
  • If you need help outside of lessons, after-hours support through email, phone, etc. is available.
  • I think that Biology is a wonderful subject and I'll do my best to cultivate your interest in it.
  • Having gone through the HSC myself fairly recently, I'd also be happy to give you advice about it and discuss other general things.

CONTENT.
I cover the 3 core modules: Maintaining a Balance, Blueprint of Life and The Search for Better Health. As for the options/electives, I cover Genetics: The Code Broken.

On that note: I don't offer tutoring for Prelim Biology.

LOCATION.
Currently I can tutor at Parramatta Library, which is a minute or two's walk from Parra Station, and Merrylands Library. Other public libraries and university libraries (e.g., Strathfield, UNSW) may be possible as well; just ask!

Also, I may be able to travel to your home, depending on where you live.

TIMES.
The length of each lesson is up to you (I recommend 1-1.5 hours), with some exceptions - I don't do lessons shorter than 1 hour, or, if I travel far, lessons shorter than 1.5 hours. If required, we can vary the length and frequency of lessons throughout the year.

RATES.
I charge $30 an hour. If the location is outside the Parramatta/Merrylands sort of area, the rate is typically $35/hour. Discounts are available for groups.

INTERESTED?
If so, please contact me via email at: sharon.gong@outlook.com. Please email me rather than sending a PM.

If not, thanks anyway for reading and best wishes for your studies. :)

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Guys get in quick for cheap private tutoring by a state ranker. You'll be disappointed if you don't

troublewithmath

HSC
I had a lesson with Sharon today. She's highly knowledgeable and will go out of your way to help you! Don't hesitate to contact her!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)