English Tutoring | 99.80 ATAR (1 Viewer)

dinomyte

HSC
Hi all,

My name is Jess and I'm looking to tutor Year 11 and Year 12 English Advanced/Standard students. I did my HSC in 2014 at a top selective school, achieving a 99.80 ATAR, 95/100 in English Advanced and 47/50 for English Extension 1. I now study Arts/Law at the University of Sydney.

I've tutored English to a wide range of students, ranging from struggling students to high-calibre students at top selective schools. My teaching style will depend on the student's own needs, and it'll be very personalised. During the course of my time with a student, I aim to get to know *you*, your writing style, strengths and weaknesses so that you'll be getting the most out of our lessons. I'll also be a part-HSC mentor as well, as I still freshly recall all the struggles of being a HSC student and I can help you overcome any difficulties.

Success in English is usually determined by some key elements - a) the requirements of the module syllabus, b) critical insight, c) analysis of language techniques and d) structure. Some of these skills can be practised, and we will focus on refining these skills. Most noticeably, I find that students who are high-achieving tend to fall the most on extracting critical insight from the text. This is crucial as it can often be the difference between a Band 5 and a Band 6. My lessons will focus on helping you develop your own critical line of argument and streamlining your essay and creative writing skills. I will provide resources and occasional academic articles to consolidate your understanding of the texts.

I offer an unlimited online essay marking service which is integral to English tutoring. Feedback on your work will be one of the most valuable things you can take away from a tutor, and I highly encourage constant self-review and improvement.

My rates are $40/hour. Location would be at Hurstville Library, or anywhere near in the St George area. We can also organise sessions in the city at State Library or a library at the University of Sydney. Alternatively, I'm open to travelling to your area or negotiating another midway meeting point at a public library.

I also encourage small group tutoring at a discounted rate, as long as the group is from the same school and doing the same texts.

Email me at jessicabi602@gmail.com or text me at 0413 373 602. I accept all inquiries if you seek any extra information.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)