2U/3U Yr11/12 Tutoring | BSc(Advanced Mathematics)/BSc(Computer Science) @ UNSW (1 Viewer)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Hey guys, my name is Patrick and I completed the HSC in 2013 achieving a band 6 in 2U and E4s for both 3U and 4U. Reiterating: I'm a third year Advanced Maths/Comp Sci student studying at UNSW and I offer private one-on-one tutoring for 2U and 3U.

Aim
To give you more confidence when doing maths and maximise your marks. I will achieve this by: improving your problem-solving skills, strengthening the fundamentals, making sure you completely understand the content, teaching you how to eliminate "silly" mistakes and sharing my exam preparation advice. I will teach you the systematic procedures of problem-solving described by a great mathematician, George Pólya. The skills that you will learn to nurture allows you to answer just about any maths question in the HSC given that you have a strong foundation.

Why private?
I believe one-to-one tutoring is most effective because there is less distractions
(increasing concentration) and you can constantly ask me questions (maximum
interactivity) which can be daunting in a class setting.

Lesson structure plan
- Check homework, evaluate working out and teach alternative methods
- A tutorial for a particular mathematical concept if needed
- Go through maths questions that you need help with
- Mostly done by a textbook of your choice or extra questions provided by me
- At the end of each lesson, I will carefully assign questions from a textbook or from past trial exams for homework

These will be 2-hour lessons for a good balance between concentration and content coverage. I will be constantly assessing your understanding, learning difficulties and adapting lessons according to your needs.

Suburbs around Fairfield West, Smithfield, Wetherill Park, Canley Heights. (email for more details)
We will run tutoring lessons at your home or at a local library.

Availability
Most days of the week before 25th of July.
Weekends only after 25th of July.
Contact for more details.

Cost
One-on-one: $30/hr
You will get a free one-hour trial lesson so you can evaluate me as a tutor.

Contact
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me a PM or email me at patrick.ngo12@gmail.com. I will reply ASAP. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)