Medicine Interview Training - UNSW (1 Viewer)

trumanblack

HSC
N/A
Hello there!

I’m a UNSW med student offering interview training as well as help with filling in the UNSW application form.

In my honest opinion, the interview is quintessential and unfortunately, the most underrated aspect of getting into medicine. I feel strongly about the interview because it was most definitely the aspect that got me in (unbonded too!!!) with my acceptable, but comparatively uncompetitive ATAR/UMAT combination. With the stories I’ve heard of kids with 99.95 and 100 UMAT getting rejected, it is incredibly influential.

Additionally, I also place a high amount of importance on the UNSW medicine application form. Whilst it is not a DIRECT contributor to your chances of entry, it is still influential as it shapes the first impression your interviewer has of you (they read it right before the interview!!). I came in very rushed (hiked from lower campus to upper lel) to my interview with my hair a slight mess and with a high level of stress. Yet, they seemed very impressed before the proper interview process started, complimenting me on my application form :D

Selling yourself is not a easy task and because of this, a lot of truly deserving kids miss out on gaining entry. So, if you’d like to enquire about pricing and other aspects please email me at 98tutoring@gmail.com or inbox me :)

NOTE: Tutoring will take place at UNSW library preferably or Parramatta Library (weekends). Due to uni, there will be unavailable times.

By the way, there may be some arguments about how interview preparation undermines the purpose of an interview (genuine interest about being a medical professional), but I am not aiming to spoon feed because it will not help. Rather I'd aim to work on appropriately voicing YOUR personal reasons for wanting to do medicine as well as targeting your speaking and communication skills (I was a public speaker during high school and so I found interviews to be easier). Also I can't give you any questions from the interview due to instructions but there are tons of relevant generic questions from preparation guides that can be used :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)