Intensive Holiday Course for HSC English (1 Viewer)

munchkinwarrior

HSC
N/A
Hi! My name is Elsa and I'm running a two day intensive holiday program that aims to clearly and concisely unpack the fundamentals of effective essay writing.

This course has resulted from my observation that although teachers expect students to write essays of a significantly higher caliber in senior school, students are rarely taught how to do this and are often left struggling without knowing what to do or how to improve. This course seeks to fill this gap, and aims to give students a clear understanding of what effective writing is, why we do it and how exactly it can be done. Ultimately, it seeks to equip students with the insight, confidence and skills to tackle the HSC English course by themselves.

While this is a 'crash course', I will ensure that we break down the components of essay writing and text analysis in a thorough, step by step manner, focusing specifically upon the core concepts and skills that are essential for students to master.

The course will:
- Provide specific strategies for how to write effectively
- Require students to analyse examples of effective writing
- Require students to practice writing analytical paragraphs themselves
- Provide individualised assessments of students writing
- Unpack the concept of discovery
- Teach students what is required for Paper 2
- Facilitate deeper critical and conceptual thinking
- Provide helpful resources​

I believe that this course will be really helpful for students, and I am aiming specifically to help students who are struggling with English and don't know how to improve, but want to learn how to do better. The course is targeted to Yr 11 and 12 students, but will also be open to Year 10, depending on availability.

I have 5+ years of tutoring experience, have taught the current HSC Syllabus since 2015, and graduated high school as an All-Rounder, State Ranker (in S&C) and an ATAR of 98.95. I began university as a Arts/Law student, but have since transferred to an Arts/Education degree, and have had some experience teaching in NSW secondary schools.

For more information, please click the link below, and don't hesitate to PM, email or call me (details in link).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-0WG9MLhZykpis092Hyjm_ix0HqQwryk3FBkPcef6W4ej8A/viewform

Thank you very much and I hope I can help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)