HSC English Tutor || 98.95 ATAR, State Ranking Student, 5 years experience (1 Viewer)

munchkinwarrior

HSC
N/A
Hi!

My name is Elsa and I graduated from Hornsby Girls in 2012 with an ATAR of 98.95, as a Premier's All-Rounder and a State Ranking student (9th) in Society and Culture.

I have been tutoring for 5 years, and in this time ALL of my students have received Band 6s in their English HSC.

I seek to address the gap between rising HSC standards and what is actually taught to students, and will ensure that students personally understand WHAT effective writing is, WHY we do it and exactly HOW it can be done. I will also develop my students' ability to engage in deep critical thinking and improve the clarity and quality of their writing.

I am not only focused on achieving high academic results, but I seek to grow students in cognitive ability and confidence, and will do everything I can to support them throughout what is often a stressful year.

I charge:

$55/hr for Advanced English

$60/hr for Extension English

$50/hr for Year 11

(This is inclusive of the time taken outside of lessons to mark essays and offer feedback (usually 30 minutes per essay). Prices will be reduced for group tutoring. I am happy to provide my first lesson free of charge)

I tutor at my home in Pennant Hills or at Hornsby Library.

I am able to be contacted at elsa.young.m@gmail.com or on 0431 541 777. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like more information.
I hope I am able to help! All the best with your studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)