Save Your English Mark Seminars--Western Sydney--99.25 ATAR, 96 Adv, Tutored 20+2B6 (1 Viewer)

engmastery

HSC
Having scored an ATAR of 99.25, I know what it takes to do well in the HSC.

For most subjects, it's simple: do more past papers. But English isn't so easy.

I've been tutoring HSC English since 2013. I scored a 96 in Advanced, Band 6s in E1 and E2, and have coached over 20 students to band 6 results. While this subject is definitely the toughest to crack of the bunch, it is my speciality, and I am excited to share what I've learnt with eager students.

---

SEMINARS

Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to take any more students on one-on-one.

But the HSC is around the corner and I want to help as many struggling souls as I can. I've put together a crash-course on HSC English that will give you the precise tools you need to enter the exam room locked-and-loaded.

Classes are small and interactive. 6-8 students at the most.

WHAT WILL BE COVERED?

- How to study for English
- Efficient Writing (proven methods to maximize meaning while minimizing word count)
- Persuasive Writing (specific tips to draw the marker into your work through rhetoric)
- A guide to EACH module (samples from previous students of mine whose essay scored 20/20 in the HSC)
- A guide to the creative (15/15 sample pieces from previous years)
- A guide to short answers (in-house, timed practice sessions with my personal guidance and feedback)
- A guide to editing (you will see how I edit essays, you will edit eachother's essays, and we will edit your essays together)

Week to week, we will work on writing and revising each portion of the exam. While there is only two months to the HSC, by the end of the course, you WILL be ready.

A word of warning: we're going to tear your writing apart. Paragraph-by-paragraph, sentence-by-sentence, word-for-word. Editing is gruelling. Bruised-egos BEWARE! I'm not like your teachers, and I refuse to lie to you about where your work is at. What matters in the end are your RESULTS.

WHEN?

Asap. The HSC is only two months away. As soon as numbers have filled, seminars will begin. I will most likely only run two groups, so the first twelve-in will be the first and only twelve-served. Seminars will run on weekends.

WHERE?

Seminars will be held at the tutoring studio I have set up at my home in Edensor Park.

HOW LONG?

Seminars will run for two hours.

HOW MUCH?

$60/ seminar. Given what you get (access to my skill, experience and material), this is more than reasonable. We're talking $30/hour for a 99.25 tutor who has coached 20 to band 6.

However, I did myself come from a low-SES school, and understand that some students struggle with money. If you genuinely struggle with money, contact me and we will work something out.

A QUICK NOTE

Please consider that my time is limited. I want to work with students who are 100% committed to getting the most out of the seminars. This is not about money. I work and study full-time. For me, this is a hobby. It is about giving to the students who are hungry to do well, but who may not have the right guidance to do it.

If you aren't on board to work hard and focus for a short but intense few months, I'd prefer you didn't contact me, so that the spot can go to someone who is willing to give it their all.

If interested, message 0415 085 832. Include your school, level of English (Std, Adv, Ext) and your current rank.

Don't hesitate to email me with any questions: hscmastery@gmail.com.

MASTER YOUR WRITING. MASTER YOUR DREAMS.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)