Thread: Dual Maths State Ranks | HSC Maths Tutor | 99.80 ATAR

HSC

Dual Maths State Ranks | HSC Maths Tutor | 99.80 ATAR

Hi, my name is Raye. I graduated from North Sydney Boys High School in 2015 with an ATAR of 99.80, achieving 2nd in the state in Mathematics Extension 1 and 3rd in the state in Mathematics Extension 2. I am offering personalised tutoring for all levels of high school maths, particularly Mathematics (2U), Extension 1 (3U) and Extension 2 (4U), as well as primary school maths and general ability.

I have 2 years of tutoring experience and have taught a variety of students. Some of the achievements of my students include:
    -100% band 6 success rate for HSC maths subjects in the 2016 HSC
    -Mark of 242.9/300 in the 2017 Selective Schools Test
    -Improvement from average in the grade to first in the grade at a top private school

I know first hand how important it is to have a dedicated mentor throughout high school and the HSC year. If you are willing to put in the effort and strive to achieve your best, I will be that mentor for you and we can go very far together.

Unlike other teachers or tutors, I won’t just teach you the content. I’ll also ensure that you understand the content and how it may relate to other topics. I’ll teach you how to apply the content to different question types, and provide you with all the relevant tips and tricks. One of the main focuses in my lessons is developing your problem solving skills. I won’t just spoonfeed you the solutions to questions because that won’t help you learn. Instead, I’ll guide you through the different steps and teach you different problem solving techniques, making sure you understand why a certain method(s) is the most appropriate for the problem at hand, and help you learn how to identify what techniques we can use for specific questions. This way you’ll be better equipped to solve similar questions in the future, and your problem solving ability will also improve.

I have always had a passion in maths and I am confident I can help you reach your potential. I am currently studying a Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)/Bachelor of Law at the University of Sydney. I am very familiar with all the high school maths content, and I would like to spread my knowledge to prospective students. I believe my sophisticated study and exam techniques, which I have honed and developed throughout high school, can also help you to excel during your schooling and the HSC. I have many resources and extra materials that I can provide to you, which will help you to broaden your understanding of the coursework and strengthen your mathematical ability. In addition I can help you with questions via facebook or text message.

My maths related achievements include:
    -3x ICAS Mathematics Medal Winner
    -3x Australian Mathematics Competition Prize
    -HD in 2013 Australian Intermediate Mathematics Olympiad
    -Attended the 2015 National Mathematics Summer School at ANU

Price: feel free to contact me about prices

Location: I can tutor at my house in Pymble, or at USYD library on certain days.

-Phone: 0432544752
    -Email:raye-lin@hotmail.com
    -Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/rayelin88
    Last edited by RayLn; 7 Aug 2017 at 9:15 PM.

HSC

Re: Dual Maths State Ranks | HSC Maths Tutor | 99.80 ATAR

bump

Thread Information