james-an college tutoring ?? (1 Viewer)

SeDaTeD

HSC
I went to the Fairfield one in year 12 for adv english and the teacher there was very good.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
It's probably better to get private tutoring for English, because in most cases, the other students in your class won't be doing your prescribed texts.

I went to a couple of coaching centres for English (Northshore and James An) and the topics were very vague and not particularly helpful.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Get a private tutor for english because you wont get help at a tuition centre all they teach is techniques, creative writing etc and they cant actually help you on your english problems and work like a private tutor can.

P

pLuvia

There's a really good English tutor at North Shore chatswood, Mr Waldron I think his name is

smi

HSC
i think private tutoring is better for english coz of the prescribed text issue...
coaching colleges are generally good to help you with particular skills not the actual understanding of the text...
u can always do holiday courses from coaching colleges to teach u those tecniques while learning the texts from a private tutor..
(if you're willing to give up that much time of course... :p )

darknlite

HSC
I went to tutoring for Chemistry at james An and it is acutally really good depending on you teacher; and to ppl above, yea farifield james An is good, the teacher is Mr Tishler who can actually help you with English rather than just dirll ur brain dead and insert the word boredom into there; so give him a try, but james for bio i am not sure they teach it there so goodluck ;_;

JhK89

HSC
well i went to the james an in strathfield for physics the teacher there realli helpful didnt learn nething from school basically made 50% in my trials just from the tutoring realli good teaches it realli simply!

CJ251

HSC
sinist4 said:
hello there
Is james-an any good for tutoring adv english ?
Well in the james Ann i went to they mostly focussed on first paper one cos u had both english and standard people there. But it really helps you with the first comprehension part.

nahian

HSC
Do you know the REAL Mr Tishler!
He is deputy principal of MFHS
Gayest cunt ever

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Me and my friend went to James An at Flemington in year 9. The teacher showed us some Leunig cartoons and taught us how to write feature articles from some random textbook.

I went again in year 12 for a few weeks, and can you believe she gave me the exact same cartoons and photocopies from the textbook about feature articles ... ?

acoc

HSC
Hey,

has anyone had experience with James An Ashfield? (Maths Extension 1 and Physics) If so, what was it like? How big were the classes? What were the teachers like? Dou you think it was a benefit to you or not?

Cheers.

Lavenderpup

HSC
Went to james an in fairfield in year 12. Math Ext 1? Good. Physics? . . . . well lets just say bleh.

eccentric-one

HSC
acoc said:
Hey,

has anyone had experience with James An Ashfield? (Maths Extension 1 and Physics) If so, what was it like? How big were the classes? What were the teachers like? Dou you think it was a benefit to you or not?

Cheers.
Hey I am starting math ext 1 tutoring at james an tomorrow. i'll get back to you tomorrow night.

talk soon

CBK

Banned
HSC
I used go there but when my tutor left to set up on her own, me and all the kids in the class went with her. She is brillant. She has a waiting list so get on it if you want a good HSc english mark.
If you want her details, let me know.

John

Ps: what texts you doing?

studymyassoff

HSC
i would recommend a private English tutor, not because i'm a tutor myself, but through my experience going through year 11 and year 12.

trust me guys, with such limited amount of time, you would gain much more from a private tutor.

:angel:

kittyful

HSC
i've actually attened this tutoring for 2 years...it was pretty good...i went from yr8-till i was in yr 10....was very helpful...i went to the one at castle hill lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)